Accion Microfinance Bank – Established in 2007, Accion Microfinance Bank has a mission, “To economically empower micro-entrepreneurs and low-income earners by providing financial services in a sustainable, ethical and profitable manner.” The bank which has a license to operate nationally in Nigeria, has an extensive branch network where customers have easy access to various products and services that include savings, loans, micro-insurance and e-commerce.
With a total asset base of over N5 billion as at December 2014, Accion Microfinance Bank is the safe and strong microfinance bank positioned to serve her ever increasing customers having disbursed over N32bn in loans to over 163,000 customer accounts since inception.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior General Manager
Job ID: 1757
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will support the MD and will have overall responsibility for the formulation and execution of the company’s strategy for the consumer and commercial banking market segment in line with the business objectives agreed by the Board.
- Lead the identification of target market segments and develop strategies for growth.
- Provide strategic input and direction for the development of performance targets, including on-going monitoring to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Build the organizational structures and business teams to maximize productivity and performance.
- Ensure business compliance with company’s policies, procedures and corporate governance expectations.
- Participate in projects geared towards new products/ service development and or product / service enhancement by giving appropriate guidance on required checks, controls, processes and procedures in line with leading practices within the sector.
- Supervise assigned division/departments to achieve efficient, productive and profitable portfolio growth in line with corporate strategy.
- Facilitate and present periodic business performance review reports to the Board.
- Participate in other Executive Management Committees and other related tasks.
- First Degree, preferably in Numeric Discipline, e.g., Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, etc. or related field with a minimum of Second Class Honors (Lower Division).
- A post-graduate degree or its equivalent in any discipline is required. An MBA or any other related professional qualification is required.
- Relevant professional qualifications/affiliations such as ICAN, CIBN, CFA, ACIB, etc.
- A minimum of 15 – 20 years diverse experience (i.e. banking, insurance, microfinance, etc.) as well as experience in multi-functional roles within the industry.
- Minimum of 10 years senior management experience within the financial services industry.
- Prior microfinance experience is desirable, particularly within a microfinance bank with international ties.
- Attendance at relevant development programs such as those listed below would be an added advantage:
- Boulder Institute of Microfinance Training
- Harvard Business School-Accion Program on Strategic Leadership in Inclusive Finance
- School of African Microfinance
- Prior board-level experience/ experience reporting to a board/ board committee.
- Prior working experience in international organization such as World Bank, DFID, ILO, IFC, etc., will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills.
Competency/ Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian financial services market.
- Prior experience leading functions such as:
- Banking Operations
- Finance/Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Good product development and portfolio management capabilities.
- Excellent customer relationship development/management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial financial products.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
- Must have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions.
How to Apply