Janchine Nigeria Limited was incorporated in March 2007 as a Support Services and other Logistics firm. Being Human Capital Managers, we strive to add value to our clients business by providing unequalled, unique and excellent services to various sectors such as Banks, Insurance Companies,
Manufacturing, and other corporate organizations, by leveraging on our experienced human capital base.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
- Supermarket Cashiers ring up the groceries and other goods a customer is purchasing.
- Cashiers are expected to work weekend or holiday hours based on the needs of their store.
- There is a flexible work scheduling for the supermarket cashiers.
- Supermarket cashiers are assigned a register, they’re in charge of for all or part of their shift. They must count the money they start with and then count their money at the end of the shift to ensure they have the amount they should.
- A supermarket cashier helps customers through the payment options available and makes change if needed.. .
- In some cases, a supermarket cashier may need to handle exchanges and returns. If this is the case, a supermarket cashier evaluates the condition of the returned merchandise, determines the type of payment used, then goes through the needed procedures to refund the money, offer credit or assist with an exchange.
- A supermarket cashier then starts to ring up the items customers want to buy.
- They use a special scanner to perform this function and then enter any additional discounts or coupons when prompted.
- We prefer applicants with minimum of OND in Business Administration, Accounting, International Relation ,Banking & Finance and Economic with 1 – 2 years experience as a Front desk Officer, Receptionist or any related field.
- Additionally, other employees teach the company procedures, policies and other operation methods to new supermarket cashiers.
- A supermarket cashier typically needs excellent manual dexterity and the ability to communicate in a friendly manner to customers.
- This position requires that a lot of repetitive work is done accurately in a timely fashion, so supermarket cashiers must possess a keen eye and good physical and mental stamina.
- The training for this vocation comes through informal or formal on-the-job training.
- An experienced worker usually oversees a new supermarket cashier and walks them through work processes.
Job Title: Supermarket Supervisor
- Provides customer service, product knowledge and sales support for fellow team members and customers that are consistent with the company’s standards and expectations. Strives to achieve the store and company’s goals/ objectives in service, branding, sales, productivity and inventory management.
- Is the principal liaison between the customer and the store/ company during their scheduled shift.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Set an example and encourage all employees to meet and exceed the company’s goals and objectives on a consistent basis.
- Meet and exceed the company’s service standards and sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Acquire product knowledge information provided by the company to enhance the customer’s shopping experience.
- Consistently follow and abide by the company’s established register and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Create additional sales opportunities by promoting and suggesting other appropriate items.
- Support and participate with inventory management functions to include: The receiving procedures, transfers, pricing procedures, product counts and physical inventories as required.
- Actively participate and support the company’s safety and security standards at all times.
- Assist in meeting the company’s brand image and housekeeping standards.
- Attend and participate in store meetings, company training sessions as required furthering the development of skills to meet the company’s objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Spend time on the selling floor working with customers to assist them with their product selections by providing through product knowledge information.
- High school diploma or equivalent 6 months to 1 year of retail or hospitality sales experience preferred Combination of education and experience in the service industry
- High level verbal communication abilities
- Ability to read and understand various documents, forms and, reports Effective customer and people interaction abilities
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate discount percentages Able to use a 10 key calculator Able to accurately count money
Job Title: Store Attendant
- One of the main duties is greeting and serving customers from the moment they enter the shop.
- Expected to advise customers and answer any queries they may have, from stock availability and details of special offers to a product’s price.
- Because this is an important part of the job, it’s essential to understand the products so they can give as much information as possible.
- Every retail store will have messy customers, and not everything will be put back in its rightful place, so you are help keep the shop floor clean and tidy. As well as tidying up, you’ll be restocking goods when they’re selling out, and ensuring they’re attractively displayed, particularly if it’s in a sale or on offer.
- When it’s time for stock to be replenished or if new products are coming in, it’ll be your responsibility to assist in the deliveries. This can involve taking products off a supplier’s truck and arranging the delivery in the first place.
- Because this is first and foremost a sales job, one of the most frequent tasks is working on the tills and handling customer’s transactions. This not only involves selling the items, but refunding for them too.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2017