ZOA is an International NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual
trust. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Procurement Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting Date: As Soon as Possible
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA recently started setting up operations in Nigeria, supporting IDPs of Boko Haram affected states.
- ZOA starts up operations from Maiduguri. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households.
- Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
Purpose of the Position
- The Logistic & Procurement Officer is responsible for all logistics and procurement systems of ZOA Nigeria in order to support smooth organisational functioning and effective project implementation.
- The Logistics & Procurement Officer is managing the drivers, guards and housekeeper. The position is based in Maiduguri.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that procurement activities are carried out in accordance with ZOA policies and procedures and the ZOA procurement manual;
- Contribute to the development of efficient and effective logistical systems, policies and guidelines for ZOA Nigeria;
- Management of own team and participate in appraisal of individual team members;
- Responsible for monthly (or on request) provision of accurate reports and activity plans to the supervisor;
- Advice and support program offices in all aspects of procurement of goods and services;
- Participating as member in ZOA tender committee;
- Responsible for effective ICT management including data protection and back up;
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of logistical systems in line with the ZOA Nigeria policies and guidelines. It concerns the procurement process, asset management, warehouse management, vehicle management and equipment and building maintenance;
- Train and support ZOA staff in logistics and procurement matters;
- Logistic departments of other (I)NGOs;
- Relevant government departments;
- Finance & Admin staff and other ZOA staff;
- Logistics staff at ZOA Nederland;
Provides Leadership to:
- A University Degree in relevant field;
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- Familiarity with procurement process and guidelines;
- Familiarity with communication equipment;
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Excellent in Kanuri in reading, writing and speaking;
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word);
- Proven working experience of at least 3 – 5 years in the relevant field with at least 1 year in staff management;
- Affinity with development work and International NGO’s;
- Know-how of vehicle and office maintenance;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Reliable personality with commercial and technical skills;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Service oriented attitude but strict when it comes to keeping up to the ZOA policies and procedures;
- ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
- Please write ‘Logistics & Procurement Officer, Maiduguri ‘ as the subject of your application
- Given the composition of the Team, at equal suitability preference will be given to a woman.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Deadline: 20th March 2017.