The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Job Reference: MHT/03/2017
Functional areas: Supply Chain
The Plant Mechanical Technician reports to the Plant Maintenance Controller/Maintenance Planner and the key responsibilities for the role are:
- Ensure stipulated machines/equipment are well maintained and available for production operation as per Maintenance schedule in line with production schedule and set targets for a quality equipment and maintenance that quarantees food safety.
- Conduct preventive & repair maintainance and other recommended maintenance programmes in line with the checklists and schedules and as required to keep the equipment in good working condition that will ensure food safety.
- Ensure all machine frame structure, bolts, nuts, fittings and frame legs remain rigid and in correct position.
- Correct all reported faults & rectify all operational malfunction on stipulated machines during the shift operation. Ensure equipment is available for production on schedule.
- Ensure acceptable level of cleaninness in dressing and immediate work area in line with Good Housekeeping Practice
- Monitor and ensure CCPs critical limits are not exceeded at the Dominik Hunter and Filler. MONITORING of control points, PRPs and oPRPs in beverage manufacture process to prevent food safety related hazards. Any other assigned duties.
- Ensure the compliance to good manufacturing practice, food safety practice, good environmental management system, occupational Health and Safety practices in all line activities.
- Monitor equipment as per checklist on all stipulated machines, document findings & recommend actions to be taken through the maintenance report form.
- Lubricate the machineries as specified in the lubrication chart and update lubrication documentation.
- Ensure all safety sensors, reflector & safety controls are in good working condition.
- Conduct periodical maintenance on electrical panels and other electrical components.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Relevant Engineering Certificate or equivalent Certificate (OND/C&G Part II).
- Min. 3 years experience in a technical position most appropriately with and a shop floor role.
- Basic Knowledge of computer skill.Appropriate command and use of the English language-Spoken and written.Significant experience with a measure of cost reduction initiatives within manufacturing environment.
- Good oral communication, influencing and relationship skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience in execution of maintenance task.Reliable exhibition of Engineering skill.
- Experience in practical project management.
- Good understanding and experience of current manufacturing methodologies.
- Good understanding of plant HQSE modalities and codes.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Deadline: 13th March, 2017.