The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: 2017/2018 Sabbatical Attachment for University Lectures
Duration: 12 months (non renewable)
- The sabbatical programme offers University lecturers an opportunity to undertake research that would contribute to Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN), while offering them avenues to acquire industry-related experience.
- The programme also offers opportunities for lectureship at the Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Benin in the following disciplines: Petroleum Geology, Geophysics and, Petroleum Engineering.
- Environment (Environmental Monitoring, Restoration, Biodiversity and Impact Management);
- Social Performance (Social Impact Assessment and Management)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics & Public Health.
- Senior lecturers and above (Candidates who will be over 60 years by January 2, 2018 need not apply).
- Applications from persons who have previously participated in the Programme will not be considered.
How to Apply
Applications from candidates should consist of:
- An application letter
- A curriculum vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three referees, and
- A titled, one page summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SEPCiN business during the one-year programme.
- Sabbatical positions are highly competitive. Selection will be based on proposals that are relevant to SEPCiN business objectives.
All documents should be mailed to: email@example.com and copy SPDC-University-Relations@shell.com
Deadline: 28th May, 2017