BASF Nigeria Recruitment for Business Development Manager – Oil & Gas
BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Oil and Gas
The incumbent will be responsible for active BASF Oil & Gas Business development in West Africa, and will be required to lead development initiatives and integrate and align with various BASF business units having touch points with the Oil & Gas value chain. Core tasks will include:
- Providing strategy and analysis for entry into new markets, as well as to further market share and growth in existing markets, in close collaboration with the business units.
- Investigating business opportunities with significant scale and synergies to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products in target markets and applications.
- Developing and commercializing existing and new platform opportunities to support market growth.
- Generate market intelligence for relevant industry segments in alignment with the BASF Africa strategy.
- Accumulating industry knowledge, insights and contacts.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in selected areas, staying abreast of developments and best practices (both internal and external to BASF).
- Support lobbying work in the industry and in selected associations and foster suitable partnerships.
- Lead project teams to meet business objectives.
What we expect
- The ideal candidate should possess a relevant University qualification in a Technical or Scientific field (Oil refining & Petrochemical preferred). A Post Graduate qualification in Business Management would be a distinct advantage.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in development and utilization within Oil & Gas industry value chains including petro-chemical refineries, and be able to demonstrate high flexibility in complex market environments
- High levels of business savvy as well as strong negotiation skills would be added advantage.
- Able to think independently and work with no supervision.
- Able to travel 50% +/- domestically & international trips annually.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online