Benson Idahosa University is one of Nigeria’s first private universities. In 2002, the National Universities Commission (NUC) granted the Institution license to operate as a University. BIU is in search for top professional accountant with long internal and or external audit experience to head her internal audit function below:
Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor
Location: Benin City
- To plan and execute internal audit of accounting, financial and related activities of all units and subsidiary entities of the University in conformity with Council directives and professional internal audit standards.
- Advise Council on the nature of operations and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
- Ensure compliance with approved internal audit policies, practices and procedures.
- Review of internal control systems and procedures
- Ensure value for money audit and cost containment/ reduction on monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with qualitative statutory requirements (Tax, pension, NUC, accounting and audit standards).
- B.Sc (Accountancy), ACA/ACCA
- M.Sc Accounting or related numerate discipline an added
- 10-15 years cognate experience in inter external audit practice and or
- Contemporary knowledge and understanding of IFRS and ISA
- Working experience of some accounting and audit software.
- Current or previous experience in an ERP environment an added advantage.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good knowledge of systems and process audit.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th April, 2017.