Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny has been set up to provide internationally marketable and globally competitive middle-level manpower for the Oil and Gas industry. The institution is located on the Bonny Island which has an array of the leading international Oil companies. The school is in
its founding years and has relatively new infrastructure on a compact campus. The Polytechnic is for now only accessible by Boat.
The Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny, hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant post of:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Bonny, Rivers
- The Rector is the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the academic, administrative and financial control of the Polytechnic.
- The Rector must be able to meet and overcome the challenges of a budding tertiary institution in a riverine environment that is far from its supervising Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
- The Rector is expected to maintain cordial and mutually beneficial relationships with the community, international Oil companies and global certification agencies in the oil and gas sector, in addition to the Polytechnics core mandate of providing highly trained technicians and technologists for the Oil industry.
The ideal candidate for the post must;.
- Possess at least a Masters Degree in one of the Engineering disciplines.
- Attained the rank of Chief Lecturer or its equivalent with minimum of 20 years teaching experience.
- Must not be more than 60 years old and must enjoy good physical and mental health.
- Must be IT Proficient and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be a good manager of men and resources.
- Must provide evidence of membership of relevant professional bodies.
- Must be devoid of racial ethnic, political, religious and sectional tendencies.
How to Apply
Each applicant should submit an application along with 30 copies of signed curriculum Vitae which should contain:
- Full Name;
- Date of Birth;
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address including e-mail address and telephone contact
- Marital Status;
- Number of Children (with Ages)
- Institutions attended (With Dates)
- Academic Qualifications (With Dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with Dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional bodies.
- Publications, discoveries or inventions.
- Working experience in (giving institution (s) and dates) .
- Specific services to local, national and international communities ( giving dates, institution! establishment and status)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Present-curricular activities; and
- Names and Addresses of three Referees (one of whom should, be the head of the establishment where the applicant currently works).
Interested candidates are to submit their applications in envelopes marked “Post of Rector”, to:
Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas,
Deadline: 30th May, 2017.