IPAS Nigeria Latest Job for Senior Health Systems Advisor
Ipas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Health Systems Advisor
Job ID: 2017-1700
- Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
- The Senior Health Systems Advisor provides technical leadership to the Nigeria country program focusing on health systems, community development and advocacy, particularly in stigma reduction, midwifery, and comprehensive abortion care including contraception, health system provider/site performance, and Ipas training efforts.
- The position shares knowledge on technical innovation, lessons learned, and best practices across regional/country teams, technical staff, and external partners. The position works to guide and manage the team, ensuring implementation of quality health systems activities, aligned with Ipas’s organizational strategies, standards and goals.
- Designs, plans, organizes, implements, evaluates, and documents trainings and workshops on high-quality comprehensive abortion care and contraceptive services
- Collaborates and builds partnerships with key implementing partners including various Central and Provincial Ministry of Health departments and staff, medical training institutions, medical associations, commodity and supply agencies, and non-governmental organizations
- Contributes to new program design, leading on technical strategy in alignment with Ipas’s mission, values and strategic plan
- Leads the development, implementation and monitoring of health systems components of projects’ workplans and budgets
- Provides leadership to, and coordinates the activities of, the health systems unit of Ipas Nigeria
- Contributes to the development, dissemination, and implementation of national standards and guidelines and training resources for abortion and contraceptive care
- Ensures supportive supervision and program mentoring to program sites and providers in accordance with organizational guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Supports improvements in service organization, infrastructure, and processes to optimize the quality and effectiveness of safe abortion and contraceptive care
- Provides technical input to link research program, development of regulations, approval and implementation of regulations, protocols, standards and guidelines related to the implementation of the comprehensive abortion care model
- Prepares reports on training events and other program activities to document project progress
- Monitors progress of health systems work, including analyzing service delivery data; identify issues and trends and work with partners to develop solutions to address challenges and improve service delivery
- Identifies opportunities to document and share health systems technical innovation, lessons learned, and best practices from the Mozambique context within Ipas and to external audiences
- Oversees work of and provides supervision to select country office employees
- Represents Ipas at local, provincial, national and at times international meetings as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Click here to apply online