Logistics Officer at NERI Nigeria
The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – A Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting operations in all activities at the state office.
- The Logistics Officer will support a range of operational duties than span from maintaining inventory and ensuring compliance to the operational policies.
- This position will be based in Borno State. Limited travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Logistics Officer will report to the Office Managerin Borno.
- HND or degree in related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that office operational policies are followed and compliant with policies;
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and coordinating compliance with project and donor policies;
- Travel as needed to LGA districts to monitor inventory and logistics
- Assist with office operations and procedures; managing the filing systems; supply requisitions (stationery, utility payments)
- Supervise support staff (i.e. driver, security guards, etc.)
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives
- Coordinate travel bookings for the state office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Arranging regular maintenance of electrical equipment and safety devices
- Perform other tasks, as assigned
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the job title and location on the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17th April, 2017.