MSH Recruitment for Technical Verification Specialist (6 Slot)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Verification Specialist
Job ID: 13-8961
Reports To: Technical Verification Group Leader
- MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 40 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia, and Medford, Massachusetts, US headquarters, our staff from more than 70 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
- Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking six (6) Technical Specialists to work in harmony as a team for a potential multiyear performance-based program in Nigeria that rewards federal and state governments based on their performance in increasing utilization of maternal and child health interventions with the goal of saving the lives of women and children in Nigeria. MSH would provide an independent, credible, and coherent analysis of state and federal performance on the coverage indicators and monitor the disbursement of cash awards based on results.
- Team members will collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and other members of the verification team as well as with the Finance and Operations staff to verify the basis for warranted payments under the performance based financing program.
- Team members are required to have skills and successful experience in two (2) or more of the following areas:
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Financial Management Systems (experience with audit functions preferred)
- Performance Based Financing
- Human Resource Management and Supervision systems
- Health Service Delivery systems
- Service Quality Assurance
- Implement the site visit protocol across selected states to verify progress of program indicators.
- Duties include managing schedules, ensuring timely data collection, and filing timely and accurate site visit reports.
- Provide technical reports on field visits to the technical verification group leader
- Collaborate with M&E Specialist to provide input for regularly updated reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to the Team Leader, stakeholders, donors, and various program managers as required.
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
- Adhere to MSH procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Management, Public Health, Policy & Program Evaluation, or other related field (or equivalent experience).
- Well-developed capacity to provide evaluation overview to a range of technical areas
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection, verification, and analysis is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- Fluency in English required.
- Willingness to travel 40% within Nigeria required.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online