The Management of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below at the Hospital which will soon be vacant:
Job Title: Chief Medical Director/ (CEO)
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honorable Minister of Health.
- He/She is charged with the responsibility of executing government policies and programmes and ensuring the effective day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Any interested candidates must meet the following conditions:
- He/She must be a registered medical or dental Practitioner registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDcN) and should not be less than ten (10) years post qualification
- He/she must be a Fellow of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West Africa College of Surgeons/West African College of Physicians or their equivalent and certificate(s) obtained must be register-able as a specialist with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- He/she should have been a consultant for a minimum of five (5) years and must be medically fit;
- He/she must also be of impeccable character and of unquestionable integrity.
The following shall be of added advantage:
- Evidence of sound academic and research prowess
- Formal training and certification in Administration.
- Profound knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms and Conditions of Service
- These are as determined by the Federal government.
- Other conditions of service are as applicable in the Public Service.
Salary & Allowances
Salary and allowances are as obtainable in the Federal Public Service.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications in Twenty (20) copies each accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope, marked Confidential and addressed to “Mrs A.P. Omoregie, Director of Administration”. Photocopies of all supporting credentials must be attached to each application.
Also to be enclosed is candidates Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years and this must not be more than 1000 words.
The CV should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be a senior medical or dental practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty five (25) years post qualification experience and in position to attest to the candidates academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral standing and uprightness.
Applications with necessary enclosures (including, referees’ letters) should be send to:
University of Benin Teaching Hospital,
Note: Recommendation letters from referees should be sent directly to “Mrs A.P. Omoregie, Director of Administration”.
Deadline: 6th June, 2017.