University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital 2017 Scholarship Program
University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital in collaboration with the International Committee of The Red Cross are looking for suitable applicants for the scholarship opportunity as detailed below:
2017 University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital Scholarship Program
- Tanzania Training Centre for Orthopaedic Technologists (TaTCOT).
- Federal College of Orthopaedic Technology Igbobi Lagos.
- University of Rwanda, College of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Course: Prosthetics & Orthotics – Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- The BSc in Prosthetics and Orthotics is composed of a broad range of theoretical and other subjects including physical and clinical assessment and examination of patients with neuromuscular and skeletal deficiencies.
- It also includes design of prosthetic and orthotic components as well as the prescription, fabrication, fitting and alignment of the full range of orthopaedic devices available.
- The clinical practice in the course includes the clinical examination and evaluation of individual patients in order to prescribe and deliver the appropriate prosthesis or orthosis to each individual
Student Application Criteria
- Must have passed SSCE (secondary School Education Certificate): WAEC / NECO / GCE O level);
- Must have written passed 2016/17 academic year JAMB test with minimum 180 score
- Must speak fluently Hausa & Kanuri; Fulani & Babur is an asset
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English;
- Must be 18 years of age and above by the date of the application
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have original Birth Certificate (not affidavit);
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their credentials to: email@example.com (for online version)
CMAC Office / University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital,
P.M.B 1069, Maiduguri,
- Please clearly indicate the program that you are interested in (Applications intended for this program without a clear subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16:30 h; 5th May, 2017.