The Whispering Palms Resort is an activity center that lies on the bank of the Lagos Lagoon, in the outskirts of the city. It was established in February 1981 in the heart of Badagry. In 1986, Whispering Palms Resort commenced business as a picnic site.
Whispering Palms Resort now stands at 12 acres with an annex called the Larus Field of Hope, Holiday Sports and Larus Event Centre which houses activities such as beach soccer, tennis, volleyball and swimming. The annex spans a generous 8 acres and is a welcome addition to the core site.
Job Title: Head Housekeeper
Scope and General Purpose:
To supervise and control the cleaning and servicing of all bedrooms, restaurants, function and public rooms.
- Applicant should possess a minimum of BSC/ HND in related field with at least 5 years’ experience in the hotel / resort industry.
- Professional qualification in an added advantage.
Responsible to: General Manager
- · To ensure that all bedrooms and public rooms are serviced and cleaned daily.
- · To ensure that all bedrooms are maintained according to the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- · To ensure that function rooms are cleaned as soon as they have been used to ensure a fast turnaround.
- · To ensure that VIP rooms and suites receive the designated extras.
- · To ensure an adequate supply of clean linen in a good state of repair.
- · To understand how everything works in the guest room – television, kettle, windows, etc.
- · To ensure that rooms and all equipment within are checked regularly for repairs and refurbishing, and that appropriate maintenance is effected.
- · To liaise with the General Manager and notify areas needing attention, in respect of decor.
- · To ensure that staff are coached and trained to perform their duties effectively.
- · To ensure that attendance registers are completed daily.
- · To ensure high level of customer service is maintained at all times.
- · To draw up duty rosters and ensure that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- · To ensure that adequate supplies of cleaning materials are available.
- · To ensure all rooms are inhabitable and clean prior to handover for guest occupation.
- · To ensure that staff accommodation is kept clean and in a good state of repair.
- · To ensure that regular fire and evacuation drills are held.
- · To ensure effective communications through attending meetings and imparting information at regularly held staff meetings with room attendants.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward their applications to email@example.com with job title as subject of the mail. Only suitable and qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Deadline 30th May, 2017.