Chief Accountant Job at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Reference Code: 20425924
Location: Port Harcourt
Employment Fraction: Full Time
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Authorize and check account coding on invoices
- Ensure that correct backup is attached to the invoices
- Balance and update invoice and payment journals
- Post all prepaid invoices with the monthly distributions
- Check monthly accrual
- Ensure that Purchase ledger and General ledger are in balance for month end To assist Income Audit
- Support the Accounts Receivable, Credit Unit, General Cashier / Payroll Officer
- Assist during Month End Closing and Year End Closing as required
- Reconcile the Balance Sheet monthly
- Produce Payroll analysis monthly
- Produce intercompany invoices as per the balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Assist the Director of Finance with budget preparation as required
- Assist the Director of Finance with forecasting documentation as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting and a Professional qualification (ACA or ACCA) is required.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- Seven years in a reputable organization, preferably in an international hotel chain.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SAP, Pastel and other applicable computer systems. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online