Dangote Group Career for Microsoft Platform Specialist
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Microsoft Platform Specialist
Your role will be:
- Perform all of the Systems Administrator duties and support the integration of new technologies into new and existing systems
- Diagnose and resolve complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, and/or the communications infrastructure
- Install, connect, configure, troubleshoot, and perform routine maintenance of operating system, software, hardware, third party COTS, and firmware on systems located on multiple networks
- Perform security patches and upgrades
- Maintain virtual systems, network switches, and data protection to include backups, data/disaster recovery, and data flow
- Maintain all system documentation including certification and accreditation documents
- Assist in database administrator duties, including maintenance, configuration, back-ups, and troubleshooting/resolving technical issues
- Provides Windows Server, Active Directory, VMware, Exchange Server, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, SCCM Tier 2/3 support to group customers in an enterprise environment.
- Troubleshoot, debug server based application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s)
- Performs occasional after hour tasks, including but not limited to, restarting systems, application upgrades, hardware maintenance, etc.
- Ensures all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is regularly maintained.
- Performs performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to IT management.
- Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications.
- Participates in change management processes to include patch compliance which also includes Information Assurance Validation Testing.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in technical meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Windows architecture, design, implementation and management
- 5+ years’ experience with Windows Systems Administration
- Understanding of networking (L2-L3), TCP/IP, Internet Services (DNS, Load Balancing), and Firewalls.
- Experience in managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs, DHCP, DNS, Domain Controller replication, and organization unit management.
- Experience in managing Windows systems running Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, and Windows 2012/2012 R2.
- Experience in Operations and Maintenance; applying patches, fixes and security updates to Windows servers.
- Experience in building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in a multi-tenant enterprise environments
- Experience in Enterprise Backup software to include Symantec Backup Exec, and Symantec NetBackup etc.
- Experience in documentation of SOP guidelines, system procedures and baseline OS image
- High skill set of Microsoft SCCM
- High skill with Windows operating system commands/utilities/PowerShell (must – all applicants will be asked to read and write scripts during the interview process).
- A chance to be a part of the dynamic IT team driving digital change within Africa’s premier indigenous manufacturing conglomerate.
How to Apply