The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
- The ECHO office in Abuja, Nigeria, requires a driver who will be based in Maiduguri with fluequent travel to other cities of the northern Nigeria states.
The candidate must:
- Have a secondary education certificate or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s licence
- Demonstrate 5 years of relevant experience driving 4WDs with a safe driving record
- Possess good communication skills and demonstrate ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrate basic computer literacy
- Be fluent in English (oral and written) plus excellent knowledge of Hausa. Good knowledge of Kanuri is an asset.
As a part of a small but dynamic team, the driver will carry out activities under the guidance from the Programme Officer such as:
- Drive ECHO vehicles upon request according to ECHO vehicle guidelines.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle so thai the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Maintain all records related to the use of ECHO vehicles such as Vehicle Daily Log and Vehicle History Record, and regularly submit them to relevant administration staff.
- Support general office administration.
Deadline: 2nd June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover letter, a detailed CV, Academic and Employment Certificates to mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org The vacancy reference must be clearly indicated in the subject line.
Click here to view the List of Competencies (PDF)
Click here to view Functions versus Competencies
- The position is open to all nationals of Nigeria and other residents holding a valid working permit or able to obtain such working permit before the foreseen recruitment date.
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 30th June, 2017 should consider that they have not been selected.
- Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.
Leave a Reply