Hays Nigeria Recruitment for Technical Manager – Consumer Goods
Hays is a leading global professional recruiting group, the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. Hays operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager – Consumer Goods
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
- Experienced Technical Manager within the Food Processing Industry.
- Experienced Technical Manager, in food manufacturing required for our client part of a multinational consumer goods company, who manufacture and distribute some of the most iconic brands in Nigeria.
- They operate across a number of sectors including food & Nutrition.
- Together with a JV partner they have developed a range of edible cooking oils providing high quality products from plantation to consumer, refined locally in their world class palm oil refinery in Lagos.
- The main purpose of the role is the management and administration of all technical aspects of their factory
- Assess/monitor and continuously improve the material yields and manufacturing standards
- Develop a program to improve the technical capabilities of the production team
- Lead the innovation implementation on the site, looking for best options of design to process manufacturing
- Supervise the the development and maintenance of a quality regime in the factory, leading to ISO 9001 accreditation
- Manage the quality teams responsible to deliver quality control and quality assurance on the site
- Reduce variability of manufacturing processes and minimise the conversion cost through close monitoring
- Develop build and make available in the organisation the product, process and packaging expertise relevant to the asset base
- Ensure that products meet all technical legislation and registration processes
- Manage the OSHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results
- Develop TPM programme and support the operations in the implementation of TPM
- Ensure compliance with relevant QMS, Food Safety, OHS & EMS policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- B.Sc Degree in Engineering with a Diploma in Production management
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 10 years working experience 4 of which must be in a similar role
- Experienced in a manufacturing food processing environment
- First point of contact for regulatory authorities checking compliance with product and environmental legislation
How to Apply
Click here to apply online