International Rescue Committee (IRC) Job for Logistics Manager, North East
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) – Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a prominent international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager, North East
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months
Logistics Manager- North East
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is looking for a Logistics Manager (Male/Female) for its programs in North East Nigeria. The position is to be filled immediately.
- The International Rescue Committee has been in Nigeria since October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster.
- IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with local partner, Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication (CISCOPE), implemented projects to support food security, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH in Kogi State.
- Beginning of January 2014, IRC shifted geographical location to the North East, in Adamawa state to provide humanitarian response to the conflict-affected populations. In the North East, IRC has three operational offices: Yola and Mubi field offices in Adamawa state and Maiduguri field office in Borno state-with the latter office opened in October 2015. In both states, IRC is providing humanitarian support to internally displaced populations hosted in IDP camps, camp like settings, host communities and returnee populations.
- The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
Scope of Work
- Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, this position provides technical oversight, monitoring and capacity building for Logistics Functions in IRC Borno and Yobe field offices including Warehouse Management, Asset Management, and Vehicle Management.
- The Logistics Manager will be based in Maiduguri with frequent travel to the IRC Borno and Yobe Field Offices.
- The Logistics Manager will be based approximately 75% in Maiduguri and 25% in the field.
- Be accountable for periodic circle count as per the standard operating procedure to ensure that stock management system is adhered to by the warehouse officers and storekeepers.
- Lead in conducting fiscal year end stock inventories and ensure that effective stock inventory report is produced.
- Assist programs to establish and implement a reliable stock distribution plan to avoid closed grant or expired items in the warehouses.
- Provide on-going training to Field Warehouse Officers and Storekeepers in their relevant functions and reporting.
- Oversee warehouse operations throughout Borno and Yobe offices (with particular emphasis on medical and pharmaceutical stores) ensuring proper stock-keeping records, storage conditions, security and facility maintenance
- Provide cross training to Health Program Managers on IRC warehouse and drug supply chain procedures to enable Health Program monitoring and spot checking of warehouses
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Ensure donor reports for stock are complete and submitted to the Grants Department on time as per donor requirement.
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and dispatch goods.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC assets in Borno and Yobe offices, which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
- Ensure that each staff member is accountable for every asset assigned to them through the use of the Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Define and implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including training of staff and follow-up.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports to field coordinator and supply chain coordinator for review.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are complete and submitted to the Grants Department on time as per donor requirement.
- Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed and implemented on an annually as per IRC and donor requirements regulations.
Fleet and Transport Management:
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet for IRC Borno and Yobe offices. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program teams and Field Coordinator/Manager.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance and reporting of all IRC vehicles according to IRC policy.
- Responsible for compiling regular reports from field sites on inventory stock levels, pharmaceutical stock levels and fuel consumption
- Responsible for compiling regular reports from field sites regarding Contributions-in-Kind
- Understand, implement and monitor adherence to IRC Supply Chain policies and procedures including Asset and Inventory Management, Vehicle and Equipment Management and Drug Management
- Ensure that compliance with policies is documented through systematic and random verification of policy implementation
- Temporarily fill Warehouse and transport Officers gaps during staff absence or position vacancies
- Monitor construction activities at field sites and report concerns to Field Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator
- Promptly inform the Field Coordinator Supply Chain Coordinator of any areas of concern or potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, required. Degree, Diploma or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Drug Management or related field strongly preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in similar capacity.
- Ability to develop and roll out logistics policies and SOPs
- Demonstrated training and coaching ability
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, VHF, satellite phones
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Well organized and analytical
- Able to work well in a team and to undertake assigned tasks independently
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and CV’s in MS word with the position applied for to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
The Country Director,