Lilygate Hotel Latest Job Vacancies in Lagos 9th May 2017
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter
Reports to: Restaurant Manager / Supervisor
- Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas.
- Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within all food and beverage areas.
- Takes orders for, serves (where applicable, prepares) food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (POS) system (MICROS).
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc., without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co – ordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist buspersons with stocking and maintain the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
- Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office / accounts department.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous serving experience required.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Can handle local language and English
Job Title: Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Level: Entry Level Manager
- An Assistant Manager of Food and Beverage is responsible for assisting in the daily management of activities and services of all hotel food and beverage operations (kitchens, restaurants, banquets, lounges, room service, coffee shops, etc.) in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
- As an Assistant Manager of Food and Beverage, you would be responsible for assisting in the daily management of activities and services of all hotel food and beverage operations (kitchens, restaurants, banquets, lounges, room service, coffee shops, etc.) in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Assist in the management of all Food and Beverage operations to include, but not limited to, guest service, food and beverage quality, inventory management, outlet reservations and occupancy, systems management, budget and forecasting, marketing, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure consistency in food quality and presentation and monitor cost and portion controls
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Meet and greet guests and respond to guest inquiries, requests and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and resolve guest concerns
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing and training team members
What are we looking for?
- Since we are a four star boutique hotel, Lilygate is a rising star in the hospitality industry. Today, Lilygate remains is an inspiration to upcoming and pre-existing Hotel in the industry. This leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
- Minimum of 2+ years as Assistant F&B Manager experience required
- Wine/beverage knowledge in an upscale environment preferred
- Ideal applicant should have strong organizational skills, ability to work with flexible work schedule, be a team player and a dynamic leader
Deadline: 31st May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should foward their CV’s to: email@example.com