Maintenance Manager at a Haulage/Logistic Company
Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting – Our client in the Haulage/Logistic Sector, is looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
- Lead the activities of the maintenance department to ensure that fleet and heavy equipment is available, dependable and safe always.
- Oversee maintenance, preventative maintenance program and ensure compliance with Company’s policies.
- Analyse maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement.
- Track fleet usage and maintain accurate inventory of equipment.
- Assist in the development of maintenance budget by providing input relative to policy, costs and established metrics.
- Ensure the maintenance records for fleet are accurate and up-to-date.
- Negotiate service agreements to ensure cost efficiencies.
- Ensure adequate training of mechanic, preventative maintenance mechanics and all other shop personnel.
- Diagnose mechanical problems.
- Able to performs repairs and maintenance on trucks and heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Supervise, schedules or assigns work to mechanics and other maintenance personnel.
- Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
- Hands-on experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of truck’s components and maintenance of such components.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in truck fleet management.
- First degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Deadline: 18th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com