Marine Superintendent Job at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Superintendent
Req ID: 1111
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Provide marine assistance for marine inland waters operations
- Assist with all marine auditing requirements, which includes auditing of a wide range of offshore support vessels, such as MODU’s and DSV and other specialist vessels, and contractors’ management systems, ensuring compliance with Company CMS
- Assist with maintaining customer relationships with other departments as required.
- Under the supervision of Marine Specialists, participate in supporting Drilling, Projects, Logistics, Subsea Engineers and other clients regarding operation, preparation and technical review of Call for Tender, ensuring Client satisfaction. This includes monitoring of “third party” operations where Company assets are involved (for example pipeline crossings, Rig Moves near pipelines, DSV, Diving, off-loading hose replacement etc)
- Ensure all operations under Service holder’s supervision are conducted safely and within agreed SLA’s.
- In collaboration , monitor and/or supervise when required port cargo handling operations to ensure compliance with Company Procedures with respect to loading or unloading vessel procedures
- In liaison with HSE, assist in monitoring and/or supervision of supply vessel cargo tank cleaning operations to ensure efficient execution of tank cleaning
- Assist with the development and revision of marine procedures in compliance with the Company CMS
- Contribute to the technical evaluation and selection of contractors and ensure that technical Contractor selection is carried out in accordance with Company requirements and that safety assessment is a part of the selection process. This includes the requirement to ensure the required auditing of the Contractors SMS is carried out in accordance with Company procedures, and that Contractors working on Company sites are formally advised of appropriate site safety regulations, and, for Major Contractors, appropriate interface / contingency procedures are issued prior to offshore operations
- Assist with annual and monthly Marine Contract Service Quality Meetings.
- Assist with mobilisation or demobilisation of vessels commencing contracts
- Provide weekly reports and updates to DW and JV Marine Managers regarding Marine Operations at Port
- Participate in marine incident investigations occurred at Onne and follow-up of action items.
- Monitor and propose corrective actions to Marine related anomaly reports
- Assist DW Marine Engineer Superintendent with the management and maintenance of COMPANY owned security vessels
- Interface with Security Department and address all operational matters with the Security vessels (inspection, AGO tank gauging…)
- In liaison with Security Department, participate to the assessment of the River safety navigation and may be requested to sail onboard hired vessels while convoy transit.
- STCW 95 Class 2 (Deck) Certificate of Competence.
- Experience: 5 years of Oil and Gas Industry Experience.
- Proven record of achievement within marine operations. Experience of multi-activity joint venture operations.
- Good awareness of industry/transportation trends, philosophies, best practice etc..
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of offshore support vessels, Dynamic positioning systems, logistic vessels, Diving and Construction vessels, Fast Crew Boats.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as Word and Excel.
- Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluent in French optional Recognized DGEP training course in Diving Regulations and Safety.
- Drilling Engineer, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production
How to Apply