MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor, Expediting
Department: Supply Chain Management (SCM)
Job Type: Permanent
- Supervisor Expediting is part of the Order Management department and would support the Order management processes at the Opco.
- The expediting process covers trading stock, assets and any other material that may be handled in MTN’s warehouse or by an outsourcing service provider. Furthermore, the processes incorporate latest forecasts and expected deliveries within Order Management, which include vendor managed inventory, consigned inventory and logistics service providers.
- The Supervisor Expediting to report to the Manager, Order Management. These processes would involve interactions with Opco SCM team, Centers of Excellence (CoE) and external suppliers, where applicable.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Sales & Distribution Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Assist department in conducting demand planning, develop budgets for the upcoming year and implement plans to achieve the desired targets.
- Ability to analyse and consider critical parameters (i.e. cost, safety, carrier availability, etc.) before finalizing transport vendor
- Identify progress milestones and resolve operational issues.
- Take remedial action in case of slippage.
- Maintain control sheets for bulks and periodically update project management on the status of all P.Os.
- Identify potential delays to the agreed schedule.
- Initiate remedial action such as commit more manpower, sub contract part of purchase order, reschedule work activities, offer alternative materials etc.
- Coordinate inspection and logistics activities between supplier and concerned parties.
- Authorize third party inspection agencies for taking up inspection activities.
- Review inspection report and verify for compliance with PO requirements in consultation with Project Managers and respective discipline.
- Assist with any queries raised by internal/ external auditors
- Liaise with demand planning to identify stock levels and the inbound movement of stock
- Improve productivity and quality through leading practice initiatives
- Participate and provide inputs in project status meeting
- Propose operational changes and provide associated user impact assessment
- Timely notification of escalations to the Manager
- Resolve escalations as per defined escalation/resolution procedures
- Participate and provide inputs in operational meetings
- Set up and manage ad hoc meetings for day to day operational requirements
- First degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management or Finance or any related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Knowledge of the process of receipt and movement of materials within warehouse
- Knowledge of the process of inventory management
- Knowledge of the process of logistics management
How to Apply