NGO Job for Accountant
Stresert Services Limited – Our client, a Non-Governmental Organization, is seeking suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The job holder will process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, bank reconciliation, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Accomplish the result by performing the duty
- Any other duty of similar deliverable that may be assigned from time to time
- Must have 3 – 5 years work experience in similar accounting duties.
- Previous exposure in a related NGO is desired.
- The ideal candidate is preferably Female.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Previous experience in an NGO would be an advantage
- Corporate Finance, confidentiality
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Data entry management, Problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and accounting software usage.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
N100, 000 and above (base on experience).
Deadline: 19th May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com using ‘RSA2’ as subject of mail
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
- Wrongly titled applications will not be opened be guided.