Project Manager Vacancy at eHealth Africa (eHA)
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager
- The Project Manager will support planning, execution and monitoring of mapping and other projects within eHA.
- S/he supports project management activities to achieve successful project completion.
- S/he is responsible for day to day management of dedicated project teams; supports the design and development of project specific documentations and performs a variety of project-related tasks.
- Mapping, Project Management, Sprint Planning, Engagement, Agile, Relationship Management.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the Project Manager will perform the following responsibilities:
- Manage government liaison and relationships at national and state in relation to mapping activities throughout project life cycle.
- Plan and coordinate project activities and ensure the timely implementation of projects. Ensure that project deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
- Manage small and complex projects through the entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration, test, trial and maintenance).
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor projects plans to include key milestones, timelines and resources. Work with external consultants for smooth project implementation.
- Ensure that work requests and backlogs are properly articulated, prioritized and detailed.
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other project-related meetings.
- Tracks tasks and milestones and reports on the project’s progress. Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Works to identify blocked or stalled activities and influences the team to resolve the issues, seeking opportunities for innovation and enhancing efficiency of project delivery.
- Participates in pre-sales and business development activities such as writing proposals, scoping proposed solutions, budgeting, resourcing and risk analysis.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company work-sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Responds well to supervisor requests and feedback.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings, staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Degree Requirement: Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Project Management.
- 5+ years of project management and 2 years agile project management experience.
- Good knowledge and experience of managing government-related projects in the A.
- Strong project management skills, including experience in agile practices and frame works e.g. Lean, Scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines while being flexible in adapting to new roles.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making. Training and presentation experience is preferred. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
Certifications and Licenses:
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), AgilePgM or Certified Scrum Product Owner.
How to Apply