University of Mkar, Mkar, a rapidly growing Private Christian University located in Benue State, Nigeria is looking for a God fearing (preferably a Clergy) visionary, enterprising, self-motivated, goal driven, experienced and competent individual with proven integrity and track record of performance for appointment to the post of:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible. By virtue of his position, the Registrar shall be Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only commencing from the effective date of his appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment, but Council may extend this tenure for a further period not exceeding one year, based on performance.
- An applicant for the position of Registrar must have an honours Bachelors degree, preferably in the Humanities or Social Sciences not below Second Class (Lower Division) obtained from a recognized University.
- Possession of postgraduate qualification and membership of relevant professional bodies will be added advantage.
- Applicants, who should not be above 60 years of age should be seasoned administrators with appreciable professional training and cognate experience in administration, preferably in a University or similar educational institution, and must have had at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience, seven (7) of which must be relevant to the post being applied for.
- Candidates must be ICT compliant and command respect from his colleagues.
- The candidate should be generally versed with University procedures, possess strong potentials for effective leadership, show capacity for job planning and coordination, good human relations and most importantly, ability to interpret and apply University rules and regulations correctly.
- Serving Officers who wish to apply must not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar or its equivalent.
- The Registrar should, in addition, have the skills necessary to manage a private establishment.
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service are as applicable to Registrars of Nigerian. Universities, save as may be determined by the Governing Council.
Deadline: 22nd June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications made in 20 copies and be accompanied by the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated, specifying the following:
- Full names of the candidate,
- Marital status, e
- Educational attainment,
- Work experience,
- Professional and academic achievements,
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees whom the candidate should contact to forward confidential report on him/her to the Vice-Chancellor.
University of Mkar,