U.S. Embassy Job Recruitment for Painter
The U.S. Embassy in Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Painter
Work Hours: Full-Time; 48 hours/week
Section: Facilities Maintenance
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent is assigned to the Facilities Maintenance Section Painting Shop and directly supervised by the Maintenance Supervisor in all duties as a Painter in the painting trade.
- Assigned duties involve performing the full range of journeyman level painting duties including blending and matching paints when a decorative effect may be desired.
- S/he may be assigned to renovation and special Maintenance & Repairs (M&R) improvement projects.
- Painting (coating) is accomplished by any of the accepted methods of the trade, including special finishing techniques such as marbling and gaining and by using coating materials that are prepared in normal and specialized ways.
- The incumbent applies coating techniques that insures surfaces have smooth texture.
All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified:
- Completion of Primary school and vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman painter skills, is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of journeyman painter experience is required.
- Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Full journeyman painter knowledge of established practices, materials and procedures is required.
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license is required.
Additional selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- OR – Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N3,599,599 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-04 In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
- NOR – AEFM/EFM – US$25,514 Starting basic salary p.a. Grade: FP-AA*
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit applications to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here to download the full Position Descriptions (PDF)
Click here to download Application Form for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) (PDF 1.78 MB)
Click here to download the Instructions for Completing DS-174 (PDF 2.40 MB)
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.