Deloitte Nigeria Job for Head, Research Monitoring and Evaluation
Deloitte Nigeria – Our client is a development Finance institution positioned to empower more micro, small and medium enterprises across Nigeria. The institution is set up as a private sector driven wholesale financial institution aimed at increasing access to finance for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through eligible financial intermediaries In view of the foregoing, the client seeks to attract, motivate and retain qualified staff.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Research Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- To provide oversight for planning, evaluation, knowledge management and monitoring. Identify performance indicators, develop quality assurance strategies and ensure all aspects of the business comply with institutional requirements. Conduct applied research that will aid PFIs in developing products targeted at achieving the Bank objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures maintenance of positive contact between the institution and key stakeholders
- Makes operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E data collection, verification and reporting;
- Keeps abreast of developments in changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase performances and results
- Establishes and identifies suitable indicators for effective monitoring of all business areas
- Establishes and implements an effective system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of activities and performance at all levels
- Develops management plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure progress
- Provides recommendations for innovative solutions to streamline monitoring, evaluation and other operational function
- Highlights and escalates critical issues and their implications to management for rapid intervention
- Implements the monitoring plan for the organisation, producing a risk profile/heat-map to assess priority areas and enable effective scheduling of monitoring reviews
- Implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues
- Ensures adherence of the institution to the relevant legal regulations, industry standards and organizational policies
- Implements feedback, and assessments from relevant key stakeholders to inform changes in approaches and updates
- Oversees the timely disposition of all issues raised/observed in the course of compliance review
- Determines the level of implementation and resolutions of recommendations
- Ensures that all corporate financial procedures and practices are adhered and to and applied consistently
- Oversees implementation of recommendations across the business units
- Coordinates communication and follow-up of Board / Management decisions on highlights to SBUs
- Conducts impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and need assessments to identify necessary changes and future opportunities for the institution
- Oversees data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by other business unit leaders
- Collaborates in the preparation of quarterly technical and financial reports
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Social Sciences or any other related discipline.
- A Master’s or post graduate Degree in Law or a business related field is required.
- Membership of any recognized body such as Chartered Institute of Bankers/ Finance and/or Nigeria Bar Association/ Association of Arbitration and Mediation is an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a compliance / regulatory role in a financial environment is required of which at least 4 should be at managerial level.
Skills and experience:
- Understanding of financial investigation principles and practice
- Knowledge of risk management techniques
- Understanding of banking practice and related policy issues, their implications and applications
- Understanding of financial and accounts statement
- Deep knowledge of local and international laws and rights
- Knowledge of relevant evaluation model/tools
- Knowledge of financial products
- Understanding of credit analysis, banking operations, money and capital market operations, foreign exchange operations, auditing / examination practices and techniques
- Budgeting and cost management
- Demonstrates expertise in monitoring and evaluation methodologies and processes
- Technical expertise in report writing
- Demonstrates expertise in credit analysis, banking operations, money and capital market operations, foreign exchange operations, auditing / examination practices and techniques
- Expertise in research methods and practices.
Deadline: 14th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online