Forte Oil Plc Job Recruitment for Project Engineer
Forte Oil is an indigenous petroleum marketing company with structured operations and strategic policies to continuously improve product delivery to its customers. Forte Oil is renowned for her ability to offer her consumers a wide range of products from the oil value chain; PMS, diesel, aviation fuel, kerosene, commercial gas and a wide range of lubricants for various automobiles and machines. A major player in the downstream sector of the Nigerian oil and gas sector, Forte Oil prides itself on delivering prompt, quality and effective services to our customers nationwide.
We are recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location:Apapa, Lagos State
Reports To: Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects
Job Band: TBA
- Effectively and efficiently manage all infrastructural projects in other to support the Retail marketing, Lubes Production, Aviation and Terminal Operations of Forte oil Plc through real-time communication, involvement in staff training as well as optimization of plants and equipment.
- Coordinate and participate at initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling and closing of all infrastructural projects within the constraints of quality, cost and time.
- Develop accurate Bill of Quantity, and be up-to-date on materials costs and qualities to ensure resources are not wasted.
- Secure the approval of robust Project Charter for all projects prior to initiating them.
- Provide technical inputs in the evaluation of specifications and designs stated in proposals, quotations and other submissions from contractors and other service providers, and make recommendations as appropriate to the Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects.
- Work closely with contractors and ensure compliance with agreed technical specifications and promptly report any deviations/non-compliance to the Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects.
- Monitor progress against agreed milestones and delivery schedules, note and report potential bottle necks and project constraints to the Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects.
- Prepare progress, project completion and commissioning reports for the attention of the Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects.
- Work with HSSEQ department to drive the preparation of EIA and other statutory requirements for Company projects to be embarked on nationwide.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The position requires an intelligent graduate of Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering with at least five (5) to seven (7) years relevant experience in the downstream oil and gas sector.
- Relevant post graduate/professional qualification will be an added advantage, e.g PMP,NSE and COREN.
The following skills are essential:
- Sound knowledge of downstream oil and gas industry, and its operations.
- Ability to prepare and interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and their application.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Good proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Internal: Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects
- External: Service providers
Deadline: 5th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates whose skills and capabilities match the job profile should send their CV with subject: “Project Engineer – FO/EIP/PE/0617” to: firstname.lastname@example.org