Fresh Job Vacancies in a Finance Institution June, 2017
Deloitte Nigeria – Our client is a development Finance institution positioned to empower more micro, small and medium enterprises across Nigeria. The institution is set up as a private sector driven wholesale financial institution aimed at increasing access to finance for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through eligible financial intermediaries In view of the foregoing, the client seeks to attract, motivate and retain qualified staff.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Reference Number: DFI017
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- To develop and implement IT Strategies necessary to streamline IT operation, align the IT strategy with the Bank’s strategy; provide guidance, expertise and resources for a cost effective technology implementation.
- Ensure continuous development and implementation of the Bank’s technology requirements and needs.
- Oversee and supervise all functions related to technology and ensures optimum support to all departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conducts assessment of technology needs, hardware and software, and evolving requirements and translate into specific projects:
- Provides adequate support to business initiatives and departments within the Bank
- Develops the annual IT plan in line with the Bank’s strategy, and provide guidance, expertise and resources for cost effective implementation
- Formulates the IT policies and procedures
- Provides technology assistance and support to staff as well as assess staff’s technical capabilities to meet the Bank’s application requirements
- Documents and implements a Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery strategy
- Establishes a complete IT Infrastructure to support business strategy and operations
- Ensures the proper implementation of the established policies and procedures
- Prepares relevant periodic reports related to the department function, as and when requested by Senior Management
- Provides advisory services to Senior Management on technology issues that affect the business, and suggests the appropriate and cost effective business systems solutions
- Oversees review of suitable systems based on user requirements
- Ensures formulation of a disaster recovery plan with emphasis on systems and data recovery
- Manages data security protocols and standards; and processes to monitor those standards
- Supervises monitoring and management of the physical computer environment as well as adequate measurement and monitoring of core database quality
- Ensures adequate management in the transfer and the uploading of data from staff
- Ensures the proper development and implementation of the IT infrastructure capacity plans
- Identifies technology solution opportunities to enable greater product development and improve technical innovation and sustainability
- Ensures adequate management of IT vendors and license agreements as well as development of new product concepts
- Manages the implementation of acquired software solutions and hardware infrastructure, and obtain feedback from users to determine the system’s effectiveness.
- Ensures security of system integration and functional recovery systems
- Ensures the regular verification and control of programs to avoid and resolve any occurring problems
- Ensures proper organization, storage back-up and maintenance of the Bank’s computerized files
- Supervises implementation and monitoring of security configuration to ensure that security policy is adhered to at all times.
- Ensures adequate management of IT risks and enhancement of the overall system security
- Ensures consistent monitoring and reporting on system performance and usage in agreed timeframes
- Conducts review and approval of periodic progress reports on IT activities
- Supervises the development of application enhancements and development standards and processes to ensure effective alignment between the applications and business requirements
- Supervises the employees training programs on the use of new applications or procedures
- Oversees the development, application, updating and maintenance of all IT systems
- Ensures consistent update of the latest IT systems and applications in order to enhance the performance of the existing integrated systems
- Ensures that technology solutions and appropriate infrastructure to support business needs are well maintained
- Ensures management of the data center operations
- Ensures appropriate implementation of applications such as the loan processing system, planning for user requirement study, design, coding, user acceptance testing and deployment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer sciences / Engineering, Systems engineering or any related discipline
- A post graduate degree in any IT related field is an advantage
- Membership in ITIL, CISSP, SSCP, CIPP, CISM, CRISC, CSALPT or any related certification
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in an IT role is required of which at least 6 should be at managerial level
Skills and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of leading practices in IT security standards / frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of IT security issues relating to key platforms
- In-depth knowledge of Threat and Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing, antivirus solutions and end point protection
- Strong understanding of IT operating systems
- Knowledge of integrated business applications software such as Enterprise wide applications
- Adequate knowledge of information and knowledge management
- Understanding of the business and IT strategy implementation
- Expertise in Disaster Recovery, software integration, IT security and Configuration management
- Demonstrates expertise in Application administration and support
- Expertise in Capacity, Change, Availability, Incident, Service level, Supplier, Change and Release management
- Demonstrates expertise in IT Service Continuity
How to Apply
Job Title: Head, Research Monitoring and Evaluation
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- To provide oversight for planning, evaluation, knowledge management and monitoring. Identify performance indicators, develop quality assurance strategies and ensure all aspects of the business comply with institutional requirements. Conduct applied research that will aid PFIs in developing products targeted at achieving the Bank objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures maintenance of positive contact between the institution and key stakeholders
- Makes operational decisions and manages the various components of the program dealing with M&E data collection, verification and reporting;
- Keeps abreast of developments in changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase performances and results
- Establishes and identifies suitable indicators for effective monitoring of all business areas
- Establishes and implements an effective system to monitor progress, impacts and successes of activities and performance at all levels
- Develops management plan setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall objectives and activities and establishing monitoring systems to measure progress
- Provides recommendations for innovative solutions to streamline monitoring, evaluation and other operational function
- Highlights and escalates critical issues and their implications to management for rapid intervention
- Implements the monitoring plan for the organisation, producing a risk profile/heat-map to assess priority areas and enable effective scheduling of monitoring reviews
- Implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues
- Ensures adherence of the institution to the relevant legal regulations, industry standards and organizational policies
- Implements feedback, and assessments from relevant key stakeholders to inform changes in approaches and updates
- Oversees the timely disposition of all issues raised/observed in the course of compliance review
- Determines the level of implementation and resolutions of recommendations
- Ensures that all corporate financial procedures and practices are adhered and to and applied consistently
- Oversees implementation of recommendations across the business units
- Coordinates communication and follow-up of Board / Management decisions on highlights to SBUs
- Conducts impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and need assessments to identify necessary changes and future opportunities for the institution
- Oversees data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by other business unit leaders
- Collaborates in the preparation of quarterly technical and financial reports
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Social Sciences or any other related discipline.
- A Master’s or post graduate Degree in Law or a business related field is required.
- Membership of any recognized body such as Chartered Institute of Bankers/ Finance and/or Nigeria Bar Association/ Association of Arbitration and Mediation is an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a compliance / regulatory role in a financial environment is required of which at least 4 should be at managerial level.
Skills and experience:
- Understanding of financial investigation principles and practice
- Knowledge of risk management techniques
- Understanding of banking practice and related policy issues, their implications and applications
- Understanding of financial and accounts statement
- Deep knowledge of local and international laws and rights
- Knowledge of relevant evaluation model/tools
- Knowledge of financial products
- Understanding of credit analysis, banking operations, money and capital market operations, foreign exchange operations, auditing / examination practices and techniques
- Budgeting and cost management
- Demonstrates expertise in monitoring and evaluation methodologies and processes
- Technical expertise in report writing
- Demonstrates expertise in credit analysis, banking operations, money and capital market operations, foreign exchange operations, auditing / examination practices and techniques
- Expertise in research methods and practices.
Deadline: 14th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online