GE Nigeria Job for Senior Sales Staff Manager 1 – Solution Architecture
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Sales Staff Manager 1 – Solution Architecture
Job ID: 2932462
Job Type: Experienced
Job Function: Sales
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
In this role, you will:
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs
- Create a “trusted technical resource” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates
- Help develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Includes providing vision, system and application architecture definition, problem anticipation and problem solving ability
- Provide sw / hw technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design
- Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
- Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
- Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
- Share responsibility for the development and execution of the account sales strategy with the sales team, as directed by management
- Design, validate and present software solutions, including advanced product concepts, future direction and industry solutions
- Develop and deliver high quality, standardized or customized presentations and demonstrations
- Develop and maintain strong teaming relationship with other members of the company to leverage product, process and engineering expertise
- Maintain the highest possible personal standards and ethics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, Technology or related discipline
- Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years’ work experience in Software pre-sales
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel
- Consults customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level;
- Possesses working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with multi-P&L solution configurations.
- Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
- Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating.
- Applies and guides cross projects architecture fundamentals using different architectures composing the holistic Enterprise Architecture;
- Trains others on how to design and create the winning proposals that result in successful deal closure;
- Can position the GE offering against the competition in a positive light by showing architectural differentiators as well as road-map items which are of interest to a specific prospect/customer
- Masters the ability to move the sales cycle from discovery to solution selection and validation to achieve deal closure; Is adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people’s roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
- Discovers, builds, proposes, and wins deals based on delivering impactful business outcomes for customers;
- Adjusts information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience. Clearly articulates the value of what is most important to the customer and how GE solutions and/or services can meet the customer’s outcomes;
- Possesses extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of GE’s internal organization within primary industry vertical BU; Knows where and how strategic and commercial decisions are made.
- Identifies and coordinates owners, sponsors, timelines, actions and deliverables for the deal, from discovery to solution selection and validation
- Demonstrates ability to work within, and lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners.
- Demonstrate success implementing Change Management program into an implementation plan for a single business unit solution and represents single process redesign.
- Knows when to ask probing follow-up questions such as: Open ended, Essay type, Probing for specific details (KPI’s, value, process, timing, etc.)
- Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; Assists customer in identifying shortcomings, even when they could delay a commercial decision; Articulates a road-map that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing. expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired personal success
- Can recite a story for a defined set of capabilities which will be of interest to a select subset of customers.
- Leverages experts from software/analytics areas to drastically improve speed, cost, scope or efficiency of their solutions; Creates and spreads awareness of software & analytics tools within their teams.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skill set (of self or others) in assigned vertical
- Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
- Deep understanding of the technology stack to include OS, DB, middle-ware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
- Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results.
How to Apply