Job for Program Director at Micronutrient Initiative
The Micronutrient Initiative is a leading organization in Africa working to deliver health and nutrition programs to the region’s most vulnerable at an exciting time of growth and opportunity for the organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Director
Job #: 2017-NG-01
- Do you strive to level the playing field so that everyone can live to their full potential? Do you go beyond simply working and make every effort so that you improve the lives of others ? Does breaking down inequalities drive you to work harder and smarter?
- We are looking for someone who shares our organizational culture of delivering high-impact and cost-effective programs that will have a lasting effect for generations.
- We are looking for someone who shares our organizational culture of delivering high-impact and cost-effective programs that will have a lasting effect for generations. This position requires a highly self-driven person who will hit the ground running to serve as the Program Director, Nigeria.
- Based in Abuja, Nigeria, the PD will work under the guidance of the Deputy Regional Director for Africa and will directly supervise the Program Officer and Program Finance Assistant.
- He/she will oversee Ml’s operational activities in Nigeria, providing leadership, efficient management of resources and oversight of programs, ensuring they are aligned with both Ml’s and the Government of Nigeria’s strategic priorities.
- Master’s degree in Public Health Field, Nutrition, Management, International Development, or other related area.
- Training in management and research methodologies
- 8 years’ experience in management of public health or a related ,. including managing finances and human resources
- 5 years’ experience in program management
- 5 years’ experience in strategy formulation and planning
- 10 years’ experience of working in Nigeria
- 3 years’ experience in micronutrient supplementation and/or child survival programs
- 5 years’ experience in networking at a high level with international partners and country government.
Deadline: 12th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a full CV and Cover letter to: africaHR@nutritionintl.org and quote Job #: 2017-NG-01
Note: Micronutrient Initiative is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.