Job Opportunities at Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) June 2017
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos – Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation.
The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa, and also to provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region
We require Interns to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Intern
- CDD is known for offering unique working experience to new set of young population in Nigeria and West Africa.
- The internship programme has in the past recorded success in providing practical work experience by working with outstanding career professionals and senior staff with vast experience in governance, peace and security across West Africa.
- As a continuation of our tradition, this internship programme is designed to:
- Attract pool of young talented and potential employees;
- Create an opportunity for career development for its successful participants;
- Further create a network of advocates for CDD’s engagements/activities; and
- Provide support and improved work outputs for existing program, administrative and finance staff.
Internship is available on a short term basis of not more than six months.
- Provide support in coordinating the media on disseminating information about CDD programmes, activities, and events.
- Management of organization’s websites and social media platforms.
- Assist in writing r and disseminating press releases on CDD’s work to media
- Liase with both electronic and the print media on branding of CDD’s work and profile.
- Keep database of media contacts nationally and internationally.
- Provide support in the development of CDD’s Annual reports .
- Layout and infographic design of all CDD reports
- Degree in Mass Communication, English Language, Communication Art, or any related course.
- At least one years’ experience in books publication
- Ability to organize press conferences at short notice
- Fluency in both English and French is an added advantage,
- Excellent analytical, writing and ‘actioning’ skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure with limited support
- Ability to develop visualization and manage website
- Effective and persuasive communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal, presentational and public speaking skills
- IT Skills, video coverage and editing.
Deadline: 7th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should forward a one page Application plus a maximum 3 page CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.