North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager designs, develops and implements a monitoring and evaluation system within assigned area.
- S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation.
- The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs.
- This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager reports to the Program Director/Deputy Chief of Party. S/he will supervise the Deputy M&E Manager and M&E Officers based in Abuja, Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical and Administrative leadership for the M&E team
- Coordinate weekly with M&E team to determine priority tasks. Ensure the M&E team is aware of and up to date on all M&E tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase for each grant in assigned areas.
- Produce a routine monitoring report (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Accurately interpret Bills of Quantities (BoQ) and grant data base file shared by head office to determine indicators according to which the Officer will be evaluating projects.
- Finalize evaluation reports (FER) based on prescribed format.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in FERs.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with the Program Director/Deputy Chief of Party when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serve as primary point of contact for impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants when additional information is needed to close grants.
- Under take comprehensive analysis of project based on history of site visits; present findings to Program Director/Deputy Chief of Party in a concise and professional manner.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Coordinate with and supervise consultants and firms undertaking M&E tasks for the project.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or related field is required.
- Five years’ experience in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly required.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Excellent team spirit and skills.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is desired.
Deadline: 20th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.