Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna 2017/2018 Admission into Postgraduate Programmme
Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna in collaboration with Umaru Shinkafi Centre for Africa Extractive Policy Research – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Professional Master programme in Energy Security Management (MESM) for the 2017/2018 Academic Session
2017/2018 Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna Admission into Postgraduate Programmes
Programmme Postgraduate Degree Programmes
- A professional Master programme in Energy Security Management (MESM) is available for interested candidates.
- The MESM programme is robustly structured as a research Masters degree on the inter-disciplinary concerns on Energy Security of African countries and its interaction with national security. it is also connected with the drafting and negotiation skills for the investments, financial, tax, royalty, contracts administration, project management, supply chain management, trans-border maritime, legal and arbitration aspects of the oil, gas, mining and renewable energy sectors of African countries.
- It is pursuant to the above focus that the MESM programme covers the syllabus and deliveries that are known with the disciplines of LLM, MBA and MPA with international benchmark and from an African perspective. The MESM programme shall discuss Energy, Security threats from the producers as well as from the buyers perspective.
- The MESM programme shall similarly introduce students to legacy and contemporary issues pertaining to the ownership of energy resources in Africa and how these legacy issues have affected the development of the energy resources in the continent as well as the continents long term strategic interests.
- The MESM porgramme shall use world class peer reviewed approach and training that are knitted in the emerging licencing regimes for the extractive sector.
- Lectures and research shall be delivered at par with those who are the primary target of the programme. Students can access their individual portal and e-library research, peer reviewed books and journals online from Hem Online, Weslaw and Lexis Nexix through our ICT platform.
Duration of Programme
- Each admitted student for the masters degree programme shall pursue 18 months (3) semester of study for course work and final year project
- A first Degree with minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Geology, Law, Sciences, Political Science, Taxation, Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, Statistics or International Relations is the criteria for admission to the MESM programme. Other criteria are as stipulated by the National University Commission (NUC) Nigeria.
Deadline: 19th September, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to purchase Application Form at the:
NDA Old Site
Umaru Shinkafi Centre for Africa Extractive Policy Research,
Km 26, Abuja-Keffi Expressway.
Submission of Application
Completed application form and photocopies of Credentials, Acknowledgement Form, Referee Form, Application for Transcripts Form and Medical Report Form, should be submitted to:
Ribadu Campus Nigerian Defence Academy,