Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) Recruitment for Executive Secretary
The Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) is the umbrella organisation for the engineering profession in Nigeria and it looks after the professional needs of all Engineers in their wide-spectrum of spedalisations through structured initiatives in membership and other high standard and ethical practices.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The Executive Secretary is the head of NSE Secretariat and provides execution to the management and administration of the affairs of the Society on behalf of the Council.
- He reports directly to the Executive Committee of the Society.
He is amongst other things responsible for the following;
- Oversees the day-to-day management of the Secretariat Responsible for defining the pnonties of the Secretariat activities and functions.
- Coordinate change management programmes for the Society. Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to Executive Committee and Council, tax returns and other reports for government regulatory agencies.
- Confers with directors to coordinate and prioritize planning of resources.
- To perform this role, the successful candidate must; Be experienced in strategic planning and execution.
- Have the ability and proven experience in managing, motivating and communicating with independent groups of people.
- Be able to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
Interested candidates (internal and external) shall have the following qualifications and experiences as minimum:
- Be a Corporate member of NSE (any applicant indebted to NSE financially as at the date of application will be disqualified)
- Be COREN Registered Engineer and in good stead with COREN.
- Have a minimum of 17 years post-graduation experience in the Public Sector, Private Sector, Industry or Academia, 5 years of which must be in top management position.
- Master Business Administration and knowledge of ICT shall be an advantage
- The tenure of the Executive Secretary is an initial term of 3 years in the first and can only be renewable for additional 3 years by NSE Council.
Personal Attributes shall include:
- Integrity Results orientation
- Strong cerebral capacity
- Highly organised and significant ability to multi-task effectively
Deadline: 31st July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should forward all Applications, including CV’s and Certificates with covering letters to:
Office of the President,
Nigerian Society of Engineers,
National Engineering Centre,
Central Business District,
Note: Only shortlisted applicants/candidates will be invited for interviews.