University of Lagos 2017/2018 Admissions into Postgraduate Programmes
2017/2018 University of Lagos Admissions into Postgraduate Programmes
We hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the University in the 2017/2018 Session, namely:
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Master’s Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc,, M.Ed., MA, LL.M, etc)
- Professional Master’s Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MILD, MILR, MPH, MDSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, MSEM, MRPP, MDF, MHDM, MPE, MDM, MTTFL, etc)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes
There is flexibility in the, mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
A.) Eligibility for Postgraduate DiplomasSpecial Requirements:
- Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Candidates are therefore advised to read the specific requirements for programme of their choice or consult the Postgraduate School Prospectus for further information.
B.) Eligibility for Master’s by Coursework
- Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Candidates are therefore advised to consult the provided requirements below. Please click on your choice of programme for more details or contact the departments of your choice for further information.
C.) Eligibility for Professional Master’s Programmes
Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Candidates are therefore advised to consult the provided requirements below, please click on your choice of programme for more details or contact the departments of your choice for further information.
D.) Eligibility For Master’s of Philosophy / Ph.D Programmes
- Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Candidates are therefore advised to consult the provided requirements below, please click on your choice of programme for more details or contact the departments of your choice for further information.
Guidelines for Application
- Sales of Application Forms ends on Friday 28th July, 2017.
- Completed Application Forms are to be submitted online not later than Friday, 4th August, 2017.
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng , Click the 2017/2018 Applications link.
- Confirm your eligibility and availability of your desired course.
- Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
- Proceed to make payment of the sum of N22,500,00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only) for the Form, the SPGS Abridged Prospectus and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- Online Payment: Click the PayNow link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
- After payment, return to School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
- Click the “2017/2018 Application link” then click “Continue Application” link, login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15 kb in size and must be in white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
- Click “Submit Form” button if the information is correct, else, click “Decline” button (Candidates are advised to complete the final submission only after they have fully completed the form. Please note that editing of application form after final submission attracts a N1,000 charge)
- After submission, applicants will be required to print and laminate the “Examination Pass” one week to the entrance examination date (this will be required at the examination venue).
Kindly note the following:
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
- Candidate awaiting Bachelor’s Degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as:
- Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results)
- NYSC Certificate
- Professional Certificates.
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies” on or before the beginning of registration.
- All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Department for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examination/Interviews on the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies Website: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng
For further, information please contact:
The Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary,
School of Postgraduate Studies,
University of Lagos,
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org