Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Country Manager & Strategic Account Leader
Requisition ID: (17003233)
Job Function: Sales
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria, this is an exciting new role with a defined career path for a Nigerian citizen.
- The Deputy Country Manager & Strategic Account Leader has a complete Emerson Automation Solution global scope and is responsible to develop and implement a successful business strategy for our customers in Nigeria.
- You will be focused on leading the development and execution of strategies resulting in profitable growth through increased penetration of Shell & other Oil companies. You will provide Leadership to the Nigeria Sales & Services Organization for all assigned Emerson Automation Solutions businesses in order to meet & exceed order targets.
- You will contribute in building and developing an organization that can provide sustainable growth across our business groups. You will also work intimately with the local business partner in Nigeria to develop specific sales and marketing plans.
- The Strategic Account Leader is the guardian of the customer relationship, developing resources to provide comprehensive product, service and solutions to customers and to optimize the opportunities to create mutually-valued productivity, growth and profitability.
The main objective is to position Emerson Automation Solutions as “THE Supplier of First Choice” for our customers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Establish and develop high level strong relationships with key leaders within Shell & other Oil companies
- Leverage existing and develop new relationships with key executive decision-makers to position Emerson as a preferred supplier of Technology, Products, Services and Solutions
- Understand customer needs and trends within our industry group in order to enact change rapidly to address these needs
- Understand all aspects of Shell & other oil companies business, market needs and competitive environment
- Build and develop an organization that can provide sustainable growth across our business groups.
- Develop a company culture based upon teamwork, dedication, integrity and continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage the execution of a multi-faceted comprehensive account plan covering all major business units at both the corporate and site level
- Manage and direct the work and activities of the Strategic Account Team, and organize & manage the Team as a single organization focused on the customer’s business
- Ensure Business Unit plans and key initiatives are consistent with account plans and are implemented in a timely professional manner; assimilate BU personnel & Site Team Leaders into the Strategic Account Core Team
- Create a strong awareness of Emerson Automation Solution capabilities throughout the Shell & other oil company’s organization
- Develop a true business partnership with Shell, and its subsidiaries and JV’s
- Provide direction to Local Business Partners to maximize value out of the Account
To be considered for this role you will be:
- A Nigerian Citizen
- Possess at least 12-15 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry in Nigeria and beyond
- Be a driven, self-motivated, results focussed Leader
- Understand the Automation Industry, and preferably Emerson products
- Hold a Bachelors degree in Engineering and preferably a MBA
- Be an experience Team Leader and Mentor
- Possess solid commercial acumen
Assistant Finance Manager
Requisition ID: (17003752)Location
Job Function: Accounting & FinanceJob Description
- Based in our office on Victoria Island in Lagos, we have a new vacancy for an Assistant Finance Manager to support our Nigerian business.
- You will be an integral part of the Finance team for the country and also the Middle East & Africa region.
- This is a great career opportunity for a bright, energetic and ambitious Finance professional to join a global organization.
- Your role will be to manage and control the financial reporting for Emerson Automation Solutions in Nigeria – both Statutory and Management accounts.
- You will oversee the production of monthly and annual accounts, manage payroll, creating & supporting journal entries where required.
- You will also provide financial planning and analysis support to the Country Management Team and Middle East & Africa leadership team based in Dubai.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the financial statements and ensure compliance with Company and Country processes, rules and regulations
- Ensuring the Corporations Ethic’s policy is followed for all financial transactions in Nigeria
- Reporting financial statements to all statutory bodies, accurately and in a timely manner
- Managing the complete and timely daily inputs to the transactional processing group, via dataserve system
- Filing WHT returns monthly and Income tax returns annually, accurately and in a timely manner
- Reporting financial statements using Emerson reporting tools, accurately, completely and in a timely manner
- Providing detailed financial analysis, comparing actuals to business expectations by division and for Nigeria and reporting any material variances
- Preparation of month end accounts pack and sales reporting models and to the MEA HQ in a timely and accurate manner, with emphasis on ensuring that all reported information is supported by a good level of analysis
- Analysis of the Nigeria business by division, with greater emphasis on detailing underlying trends and drivers of the divisions and providing support and information with these in mind. In total to add value to the decision making of the organisation/managers i.e. in driving up profitability
- To provide support and information around times of budgeting, forecasting, mid year reviews and the year end accounting processes as required
- Building and maintaining good relationships with all key business managers and ensuring where possible to make a financial presence available, thus ensuring decision support in key decisions
- Developing (together with peers) financial reporting tools that will support and work alongside the current tools, whilst adding value and professional presence
- Ensuring completion of Annual KPMG audit with nil non compliance comments
- Other ad hoc duties as required to fulfill the roles of the finance function as and when required
- Recognize and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson’s Company Policy and Procedures
To be considered for this role:
- You will be a self-motivated, qualified and experience Finance professional with a background in a large multi-national organization.
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree and CPA or equivalent professional qualification, and a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in Finance.
- You will be an advanced MS Excel and ERP system user (preferably Oracle and/or JD Edwards), and have strong data management skills.
- Due to the location of our office, you will ideally live in close to or on Victoria Island.
DCS Sales Engineer
Requisition ID: (17003513)Location:
- Based in our Lagos office and covering the West African region, this is a genuine career opportunity with a high scope for growth and success.
- Combining technical expertise in instrumentation and control systems with customer facing business development skills, this autonomous self-driven role will be challenging and rewarding for the right person.
- You will be responsible for growing the Systems business predominantly within the oil & gas industry, so exposure to the local, national and international oil companies, channel partners and EPC contractors is essential.
Your duties will include:
- Leading divisional sales & business development initiatives in West Africa.
- Meeting & exceeding territory financial objectives required in support of the PSS MEA business plan
- Collaborating with and supporting sales representatives in the region.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies for projects. Maintaining an accurate project pursuit list and provide monthly reports and forecasts to divisional Sales & Marketing Directors in PATT
- Preparing and presenting marketing forecasts, pricing surveys, competitor intelligence and country marketing plans
- Working closely with the proposal generation group to ensure all offers reflect customer needs, are competitively priced and are submitted on time.
- Improving customer satisfaction by finding solutions to their needs
- Taking a pro-active role in working with the Emerson Global Project Pursuit Team representative to identify, qualify and pursue control system projects to achieve order conversion and maximize the potential for all Emerson Automation Solutions products and services.
- Developing long-term relationships with senior management within customer accounts to ensure awareness of the capabilities of Emerson
- Promoting the business benefits of PlantWeb to customers.
- Profiling accounts and establishing a clear understanding of business drivers and process control requirements.
- Liaising with Emerson personnel Worldwide for Global Project Pursuit.
- Capture customer key business drivers and ensure inclusion within Emerson proposals.
- Maximizing revenue and profit from the existing installed base.
- Recognizing and accepting HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson’s Company Policy and Procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Electronics, Instrumentation or Automation
- At least 8 years’ experience in the Process Automation industry
- Knowledge of DCS systems, preferably DeltaV
- Sales experience in the oil & gas and/or petrochemical industry
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously