e.Stream Networks Limited, an ISO9001 Quality Certified company is a licensed broadband communications provider dedicated to providing suitable connectivity solutions for businesses.With over a decade in the ICT sector and presence all over Nigeria, we leverage on providing a unique combination of industry experience and expertise in our service offering to all our clients across the country.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Network Operations Manager
GM TechnicalJob Purpose
- Responsible for managing the network operations team in-order to deploy quality service, maintain 99.9 % service availability and provide proactive network efficiency by delivering prompt service support at 1st and 2nd level of escalations.
- Services to be deployed and supported are Internet and VPN which are deployed via various last-mile access technologies such as VSAT, Optic Fiber, Microwave Radio, Wifi and Outdoor 4G LTE.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Insight and Integration:
- Provide clear direction on all Operational Process and Procedures (both tactical and strategic goals) for an efficient network operations.
- Provide technological innovation to deploy more services which are cost effective.
- Keep abreast with latest happenings in Last-mile access technologies.
- Development and adhering of standard operating procedures for deploying all our products and services.
- Develop the unit annual budget and providing inputs to the departmental annual budget.
- Attend project & departmental meetings
Technical / Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Ensures eStream services are deployed in accordance to the quality standard and specifications.
- Ensures proactive monitoring of all services to deliver 99.9% availability.
- Ensures that there is no course to revisit sites deployed within 6months.
- Provide proactive technical solutions on network issues escalated to the 2nd level.
- Ensures 90% implementation of the annual maintenance plan
- Ensure all resolvable issues (within control) are resolved within the specified OLA time.
- Ensure team maintains and updates knowledge base related to supported technologies and applications
- Team lead special deployment projects.
- Regular training of Service Desk team members for effective 1st level troubleshooting
- Regular coaching of direct reports
- Manage Regional Field Service engineers for optimal network operations.
Interpersonal, Relationship Management & Collaboration:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments, teams and Clients.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors in delivering quality service.
- Provide and present companywide Weekly Operational Status reports including Service Deployment Report to all stake holder.
- Escalate 3rd level issues (not within control) to OEM’s; 3rd party providers and SM Network Planning & Optimization.
- Ensure adherence to customer specification and SLA
- Prompt resolution of 2nd level issues and some 3rd
- Develop annual budget for the department
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Electronics Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a relevant role.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an ISP environment deploying Microwave radio, VSAT Links and Wifi Solutions.
- Affiliation with 2 relevant professional bodies.
Competency, Skills & Certifications:
- Project Management Training (PMP)
- GVF 510 Certification
- CWNA Certification
- iDirect IOM (or similar training)
- MTCNA / CCNA – Cisco.
- Strong RF Technology Skills – Aviat, Dragon, Cambium, Mikrotik, Ubiquiti.
- VSAT technology Skills – iDirect Technologies.
- Leadership, Relationship & People Management
- Ensure all deployment are done within 7days.
- Ensure Quality of deployment meets 100% eStream standard.
- Ensure a weekly record of 99.9% of network availability.
- Ensure all 1st and 2nd level escalation are done within agreed SLA
- Ensure 20% cumulative quarterly cost savings on all deployment.
- The incumbent may be required to sit in cold (air conditioned) rooms for a long time.
- The incumbent may be required to travel out of station often.
- This position does not require any physically demanding task. However, the incumbent should be physically fit to withstand the mental demands.
- Team Lead, Service Deployment
- Regional Field Engineer
- Power Technician and Riggers
- Shift Engineers
Deadline: 18th July, 2017