Global Schools is an initiative led by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) in support of UNESCO’s Global Action Program on Education for Sustainable Development (GAP-ESD).
“Empowering schools and teachers globally to educate children on the SDGs”
The vision of the program is to generate interest about sustainable development in schools in an effort to educate and engage students with the SDGs and to encourage them to prioritize the goals in their lifestyles, behaviors, education and professional careers as these goals provide framework for a better world that children could live in the future. The program aims to do this by transforming learning environments globally and making schools the hubs of education and leadership on SDGs, ultimately becoming vehicles for empowering and mobilizing students and young people to help implement the SDGs in their communities.
Integrate the Sustainable Development Goals into school settings.
Increase the capacities of educators and teachers to more effectively deliver education on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Provide youth with opportunities to engage with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the local level.
Why should I apply?
Serving as an ambassador for Global Schools will be equip you with knowledge of SDGs and ESD tools to help transform learning environments, promote the SDGs in various school settings, and mobilize young people for the local implementation of the goals in their communities. The ambassadors will serve as official spokespersons for the Global Schools program and coordinate local efforts to empower schools and teachers to educate children on the SDGs.
Making an Impact
- Working with SDSN Youth and Global Schools enables you to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governments and civil society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development.
- SDSN works with some of the world’s most influential businesses, academic institutions, government bodies and civil society groups in the sustainable development sector.
- We engage closely with a number of these stakeholders, forming partnerships to educate, connect and mobilize individuals and groups to make a positive impact.
Aspirations and Networks
- SDSN Youth and Global Schools enable you to build professional and personal relationships with stakeholders in civil society, business, government and the United Nations.
- By joining this program, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- For example, the SDSN Youth Assembly consists of more than 120+ young people from more than 35 different countries and the Global Schools program will consist of 50+ young people from more than 16 different countries.
- The relationships you develop through SDSN Youth and Global Schools could serve as a foundation for your future endeavours.
Pathways to leadership
- Supported by our global team of experts across a range of areas, you will progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible and fulfilling environment.
- Your experiences will become central to our network’s efforts and legacy in empowering youth globally to make sustainable solutions.
- Working with SDSN Youth and Global Schools will enable you to have a real impact while navigating through complex scenarios and overcoming difficult hurdles, preparing you for challenges of leadership.
How can I apply?
We are looking for passionate, motivated and hardworking young people between the ages of 18-29 to serve our Global Schools Ambassadors. If you fit the criteria, apply before 31 July 2017. Details are below:
- Eligible countries: Jamaica, Guyana, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria, Philippines
- Deadline: 31 July 2017
- Position description: https://goo.gl/bE8V95