eHealth Africa, designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Communications Manager
Summary of Job
- The Snr. Communications Manager will develop and implement short and long term communications strategies for the organization as well as manage and lead the Communications team.
- S/He is responsible for developing the organization-wide brand strategy across all relevant functions and serve as a thought partner to executive leadership on communications and branding challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the Snr. Communications Manager will perform the following responsibilities:
- Development and execution of external Communications Strategy including eHAs Social Media Strategy
- Develop Corporate branding and design strategy
- Oversee the creation of eHA branded, designed and written collateral in the form of Annual Reports, blog posts, articles, brochures, newsletters, fact sheets, Google Word Documents, and Google Powerpoint slides
- Review and edit any external communications material developed by the organization prior to posting
- Oversee the design and content management for eHA’s website.
- Assist programs in preparing for conferences and presentations
- Development and execution of internal communications strategy
- Participation in HR working groups/teams related to internal communications
- Development of organization communications guidelines (ex: brand, email, writing)
- Share all communications items effectively through the Knowledge Management tools
Software / Product Communications:
- Assist in the development of product strategy and communication materials for eHA developed tools
- Manage the Communications Team and associated direct reports
- Manage any communications groups such as the Design Task-Force
- Manage consultant (graphic designers, photographers, videographers, etc) work plans, deliverables, and invoices
- Participate on the Senior Management Team (SMT) and internally communicate about Communication Team activities through attending monthly meetings, sharing communications updates, and providing feedback on SMT updates, problems, and goals.
- Coordinate monthly meetings with SMT members in order to make sure communications collateral is accurate and best meets their needs and strategize about future communication topics
- Review weekly meeting reports from the 4 offices (Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Germany)
- Coordinate quarterly meetings with HR to ensure Communications is best supporting HR in making eHA the #1 place to work (Written, Spoken and Face-to-Face mechanisms)
- Author thought leadership pieces on eHA’s programs for external publications
- Provide technical writing and editing support for other communications activities, time permitting
- Support the Communications budget tracking, inclusive of Social Media.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Master’s degree, preferably with a background in Communications, Public Relations and/or Public health or healthcare related industry.
- 5-7 years of work experience in branding or other communications work
- Ideally, experience in product branding and marketing
- Previous experience managing remote teams
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills; able to discern, plan, and evaluate courses of action.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, able to conceptualize, articulate and cultivate collaboration
- Extremely organized, self-disciplinary and efficient working style
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Native English speaker and writer
- Proven track record in technical writing and editing in English
- Experience as a supervisor with proven ability to coach staff for optimal results in a positive working environment
- Deep commitment to eHA’s core values