AFRIEX Nigeria – Our client, a reputable construction company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment into the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director (MD)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The MD will be responsible for overseeing the development and efficient implementation of the Corporate Strategy through effective leadership.
- Oversee the development and efficient implementation of strategies that:
- Drive significant revenue growth and improved profitability of the company via project acquisition, improved utilization of staff and assets, territorial expansion and/or other means
- Grow the company’s capabilities, revenues and profit as project and production company
Leadership & Communication:
- Interact closely with Board Members as well as company staff
- Represent the company at meetings with, government officials, customers, potential target companies, tax officials etc.
- Prepare and present critical corporate performance updates (financial, strategic, development, legal, etc.) to relevant company stakeholders at each Board meeting and/or via the circulation of reports via electronic mail on at least a monthly basis
- In conjunction with the CFO, ensure the generation of quality timely reports on the financial performance of the company on at least a monthly basis, including achievement of or failure to achieve targets for revenue growth, loss reduction, etc.
- In conjunction with the Company Secretary, ensure the generation of timely reports on the corporate governance situation of the company and including compliance gaps on tax, regulatory, legal, or other filings
- Working with other company staff, take responsibility to ensure timely and accurate filing of audited financial statements, tax documents, regulatory reports, etc.
- Attend board meetings of the company for the purpose of:
- Ensuring the implementation of all Board decisions and major activities of the company
- Ensuring that relevant company Board decisions are clearly communicated to Management team and staff
The candidate must possess the following essential qualifications:
- Minimum of a first degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline and MBA or Masters in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years cumulative work experience, at least of which 5 years of which must be in managerial position (s).
- Previous experience in a business transformations exercise e.g. corporate restructuring etc. is preferable
- Membership of relevant professional bodies i.e. COREN, NSE
- Experience within the construction industry- in particular, experience with roads and building construction
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills in English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Deadline: 25th July, 2017.