Latest Vacancy at Crovation Limited for Land Surveyor
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Land Surveyor
- Undertaking land/topographic/hydrographic/measured building surveys, using a variety of specialist equipment and technology, such as robotics and 3D scanners
- Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts and software such as AutoCAD and GIS (geographic information systems) programs
- Preparing survey drawings
- Presenting data to clients and writing reports
- Advising about technical matters and whether construction plans are viable
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
Qualification & Experience
- A first degree in Geophysics, Geology, Geography, Geotechnology or Civil Engineering, Town Planning, Surveying or Construction or any other related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Real Estate or Property Development Firm or a similar position
- An MBA or relevant post graduate degree/professional qualification will be an added advantage.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Numeracy and the ability to make mathematical calculations
- Ability to understand and interpret data
- Lateral and logical thinking
- Cutting-edge IT skills and confidence with new technology
- Problem solving and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Client management/customer service skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and time management
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Should exhibit legal expertise (should know relevant laws and how to apply it for determination of boundaries)
- Should be able to analyze and figure out where he/she can find evidence to determine the
- proper location of boundary lines
- Attention to details (drawing/properties)
- Computer literate (CAD, GPS, WORD etc)
Deadline: 21st July, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should send updated copies of their resumes/CV’s to: email@example.com