The University of Lagos was established in 1962 by an Act of Parliament of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to encourage the advancement of learning. It is located in the urban and commercial city of Lagos, with the main campus in Akoka. Its other campuses are at Yaba and the College of Medicine, University of Lagos (CMUL) Idi-Araba. The University caters for both full-time and part-time students with an overall student population of over 50,000 (regular and part-time at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels). It has a staff strength of over four thousand.
The University of Lagos invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastor Enoch A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics
- The person that will occupy the Pastor E.A. Adeboye Professorial Chair of Mathematics shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Mathematics and carry out research in any specialized area of Mathematics.
- Occupant of the Chair shall organize an Annual Lecture as well as deliver a terminal public lecture on his/her accomplishments at the end of the tenure.
Eligibility CriteriaThe successful applicant to this position would be called Pastor Enoch Adeboye “Outstanding” Professor of Mathematics, in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his or her outstanding accomplishments:
- A Ph.D in Applied Mathematics from a reputable University.
- An impeccable record of teaching and research career in the Professorial Cadre (i.e. Professor or Associate Professor). Part of a demonstrable indicator of research achievements is in the number of Ph.D’s successfully supervised by the candidate.
- There must be strong proof of Continuing Research in Mathematics
- Possess administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills and must be of proven integrity.
- Possession of cutting-edge information technology (IT) credentials will be an added advantage.
- Membership of learned societies in the Mathematical Sciences is highly desirable.
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal Allowance
- Learned Society Subscription Allowance
- Local Transport and Travelling
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing Allowance
- The Chair has a tenure of TWO YEARS commencing August, 2017.
Conditions of Service
As contained in the University of Lagos Conditions of Service governing Senior Staff.
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is a Principal Officer responsible for the day-to-day operations of the University and reports directly to the University’s Council.
- The Vice-Chancellor must pursue the realisation of the University’s Vision and Mission.
- For the post, the University seeks candidates with vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should also have the ability to develop linkages with external communities to meet the emerging needs of the University.
- He/She should be able to command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University and its alumni.
Schedule of Duties
The Vice-Chancellor shall:
- Be generally responsible to the Council in maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper enforcement of its statutes, ordinances and regulations;
- Have the competence to advise the Council on any matter affecting the administration, finance and policy of the University;
- At management level, provide leadership in the relentless pursuit of excellence in all aspects of University life, including teaching, research and community service;
- Be responsible for discipline in the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to guidelines and procedures approved by Senate and to any law or policy at the time that is applicable to the University;
- Undertake any other duties that will promote the growth and development of the University in a conducive atmosphere.
The Eligible Candidates
An eligible candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor, University of Lagos must be:
- An exemplary scholar with good quantum of publications in highly rated journals
- A person with demonstrable capacity for original thinking and creativity
- A Professor for at least 10 years, and not more than 65 years old on November 11, 2017
- A person with astute managerial ability who can maintain the peace and academic stability for which the University is reputed
- A scholar of outstanding national and international repute, with proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT) and considerable experience at top levels of University Administration
- A person with a track record of teaching, research and community service
- A person with entrepreneurial and innovative abilities with the capacity to create wealth for the sustainability of the University of our future in line with the vision and mission
- A person endowed with strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership
- A person with a clear vision for the development of the University in realisation of its mission to refocus research and innovation, infrastructural development and human resource allocation as expressed in the University Strategic Plan
- Able to foster regional and international partnerships including securing opportunities with the business community in Lagos for the achievement of our strategic goal
- A person capable of inspiring the advancement of learning while reaching out to all persons without discrimination in any form
- Of sound physical and mental health, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity and strong moral character capable of inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among staff and students.
- The successful candidate shall hold office as Vice-Chancellor for a single term of five (5) years only from November 12, 2017 (date of resumption) on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University.
- He/She must demonstrate innovative abilities and drive in improving the financial status of the University.
- He/She must have sound knowledge and experience in banking, investment and budgetary procedures.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration, control of the financial affairs of the University and generation of resources for the implementation and sustenance of the University strategic goals as contained in the 25-Year Strategic Plan.
- For the post, the University seeks candidates with vision, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University.
- He/She should be able to command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be in good health, be ICT compliant and must not be older than sixty (60) years on assumption of duty.
- The successful candidate should be able to sustain and improve on the University Bursary’s established linkages.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honours degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized Institution plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption. SSCE/NECO/WASC/GCE O/L credits in 5 subjects including Mathematics and English Language. Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- In addition, the candidate must be a duly registered Fellow of recognized professional Accounting bodies, e.g. ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or any other recognised and acceptable professional accounting qualification.
- The candidates should have at least ten (10) years post-professional qualification(s).
- In addition, the candidates must have at least ten (10) years relevant experience in a senior management position preferably in a University or comparable institution.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a period of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment renewable for another term of one (1) year subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by appropriate University laws and the Governing Council of the University of Lagos.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Bursar of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University’s Governing Council as appropriate.
Deadline: 24th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit three bound copies of Publications along with ten (10) copies of detailed Applications and Curriculum Vitae. The CV should include:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Postal Address
- Telephone No. (Landline/Mobile)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualification (Including distinctions and credit with dates)
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present post.
- Detailed list of publications.
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and Addresses of three referees.
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
Candidates should Cick Here to submit signed and scanned application, as well as current CV.
All Applications and supporting materials should be submitted to:
The Deputy Registrar,
Academic Affairs Unit,
University of Lagos,
Further enquiries should be directed to:
Office of Advancement,
University of Lagos.
Mobile No: 08037257799
Academic Staff Unit
Human Resource Management Department,
University of Lagos.
Mobile No: 08029914599