APM Terminals Recruitment for Power House Electrician
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Power House Electrician
- Responsible for performing the maintenance/repair activities and evaluations for generators, motors, programmable logical controllers, electrical drive systems, electrical/electronic control systems, Electrical Power Systems, on the terminal’s equipment.
- Ensuring efficient utilization of company resources and compliance with statutory requirements and established engineering standards.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the Power Maintenance Foreman;
- Comply with all disaster contingency plans;
- Identify work requirements and raise work requests providing complete and thorough information;
- Advise Power Maintenance Foreman on concerns relating to unreliable equipment;
- Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Comply with all disaster contingency cleanliness;
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery;
- Assist in maintenance of a safe working environment;
- Provide technical expertise and a positive attitude to the functions performed;
- As required, identify spare parts and tools required for breakdown work;
- Provide Work Order planning information as required to Maintenance Planner or Foreman;
- Perform maintenance activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis;
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical and electronic circuits, digital drive and control systems, programmable logic controllers and electrical component elements. This includes the modification of components and servicing techniques in conjunction with the Power Maintenance Foreman to improve efficiency;
- Test equipment to ensure compliance with specification and safety standards;
- Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures;
- Execute maintenance schedule as directed by Power Maintenance Foreman;
- Provide feedback to Foreman on job progress;
- Identify components to be overhauled;
- Complete post-job tasks – clean up, return of spares etc;
- Provide correct information on Work Orders and other job documentation, ensuring an accurate record of work performed, time taken to complete work, spare parts and materials used etc;
- Ensure equipments are available and ready for operation at all times.
- Participate in analysis of maintenance standards, practices etc;
- Provide on the job guidance to new recruits;
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of work area in accordance with company procedures;
- Clean tools and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions/manual;
- If needed, perform minor repairs on tools and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction/manual;
- Report defective tools and equipment to immediate supervisor;
- Ensures waste disposal is performed as per company procedures.
- Be responsible for the safe keeping and maintenance of the tools that have been issued by APMTAL;
- Responsibly use and take good care of any special tools and equipment issued by APMTAL and report to the Power Foreman/Supervisor if any are damaged.
- When finished using the tools they are to be returned to the designated storage place
Who We are Looking for
- B.Eng/B.Sc/HND/Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from recognized institution. Any additional training in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries will be preferred.
- Requires at least Two to Four years of experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of electrical/electronic and related subjects.
- Requires specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair cranes
- Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major electrical/electronic parts such as PLC drive control system, communication drive system, at a high level of difficulty and complexity
- Requires an in-depth ability to interpret electrical/electronic diagram, simple engineering drawings, layouts and specifications.
- Requires a general knowledge of electrical and electronic components
- Requires general familiarity with instrumentation and communications systems, and a familiarity with control systems.
- Requires general knowledge and background in technical applications of digital and analogue electronics
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned.
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Valid Driver’s License
- At APM Terminals, the results you deliver matter. We will give you lots of responsibility right from the start and plenty of opportunities to achieve your full potential.
- For all of our employees, we offer fair, competitive compensation and rewards which include continuous development opportunities.
- Since our talented employees are the foundation of our company culture and our success, we reward performance in a way that promotes continued achievement.
Deadline: 1st September, 2017.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online