Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Biostatistician
Reports To: Director of Programs
- Serve as the Biostatistics primary contact
- Provide biostatistical consultation to clients or colleagues
- Develop guidelines for how data should be collected
- Determination of sample size requirements for studies.
- Prepare articles for publication or presentation at professional conferences.
- Write detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and findings for research protocols or reports.
- Prepare tables and graphs to present clinical data or results.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Design surveys to assess health issues.
- Develop or implement data analysis algorithms.
- Collect data through surveys or experimentation.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena such as the spread of infectious diseases.
- Determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of biological research studies
- Write program code to analyze data using statistical analysis software
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to data monitoring committees, federal regulatory agencies, managers, or clients.
- Review clinical or other medical research protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analyses.
- Analyze clinical or survey data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or related scientific field is required. A PHD is an advantage
- Experience: Minimum 5 years working experience doing data analysis or epidemiology
- Specialized knowledge: Expert use of at least 2 data management and analysis tools
- Skills: Strong mathematical skills, Statistics skills, Problem solving, Adaptability, Written and oral communications skills, Strong teamwork skills, Critical thinking, and Strong computer background
- Interpersonal/Individual Competencies: ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity
- Professional Certification: Certification in any applicable Health care professional body is desirable but not required
- Required to work across various projects
- Must be able to work with very SHORT timelines that may require unplanned travels and long work hours
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should sent their Application and CV in a one word document to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 14th August, 2017