Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Government Area (LGA) Facilitator
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Project Overview and Role
- The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID).
- The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
- The LGA Facilitator will work within the programme’s state team to coordinate activities at LGA level. This is a full-time position and will report to the State Team Leader.
- Establishes working partnerships with LGA counterparts and other MNCH stakeholders.
- Coordinates programme activities between the state and LGA level.
- Facilitates memoranda of understanding with local governments.
- Works with LGA government counterparts to strengthen leadership and management of MNCH to accelerate key strategic activities.
- Participates in meetings with technical specialists and other stakeholders to optimise technical assistance and address local needs.
- Supports the LGA to determine strategies to meet MNCH targets and work closely with the Integrated Service Delivery Coordinator to ensure service delivery training goals are met, and with the Demand Side Coordinator to ensure that approaches to demand are designed and implemented in a coordinated manner.
- Identifies skills gaps and facilitates capacity building of LGA counterparts in planning, budgeting, and using data for decision making.
- Ensures LGA counterpart capacity is built to hold policy makers at state and central level to account by employing data from primary healthcare facilities (PHCs) and other sources.
- Supports the Logistics Coordinator to ensure PHCs are receiving the appropriate commodities and that commodity quantification and forecasting is being conducted.
- Supports facility refurbishment processes and capacity building of LGAs in respect to the Drug Revolving Fund.
- Works with the Logistics Coordinator to reduce stock-outs in the LGA Stores.
- Works closely with the programme State Team, including other LGA Facilitators, for smooth coordination of programme activities.
- Work with LGA counterparts to develop performance based financing targets, monitor targets and ensure that they are met.
- Supports development of operations research (OR) agendas and ensures that resources are allocated to support OR initiatives
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Public Policy, or any other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working effectively with LGA and/or state government authorities. Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria required.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of contemporary health system dynamics and health challenges in Northern Nigeria.
- Strong facilitation and coordination skills; ability to effectively manage a variety of simultaneous activities.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with teams and individuals.
- Demonstrated capabilities in building the capacity of public sector counterparts.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
In Return We Offer
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly “make a difference”
- A competitive salary with benefits
Deadline: 11th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online