Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- The business development manager will be responsible for promoting the products and services of the company. He or she will build market positions for HomCon Engineering by identifying, developing and negotiating business relationships that translate into sales.
- He will work to grow the client base of the company, foster client relationships and manage the corporate image of the company.
- Prospect for potential clients; build, grow and maintain these relationships into increased businesses
- Coordinate business development planning and work closely with teams especially marketing and sales to develop proposals for client meetings.
- Identify potential business opportunities and analyze trends in the market space;
- Work closely with technical staff and other internal colleagues for best specifications to meet consumer needs.
- Keep a profile of the current clientele of the business and regularly update the database
- Attend industry specific functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide valuable feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Generate and supervise the execution of marketing campaigns and plans
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, management and Research identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Prepare customer service agreements and other client paper work based on the company policy.
- Update and manage the company’s website and social media pages
- Provide weekly progress report
- Carry out other business development functions as may be required by management
- HND, BSC in:
- An advanced degree (MBA) would be desirable
- 3-5 Years experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly analytical, driven and focused.
- Prospecting and closing skills, sales mapping and planning, territory management, market knowledge, presentation Skills,
- High level of professionalism;
- Able to develop strategic plans for sales; must be motivated to exceed sales targets.
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Networking, prospecting and persuasion skills with the ability to identify the needs and challenges of clients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Have a deep desire to work in engineering and technology
- Very sociable
- Very tech savvy and knowledgeable of current trends
- Ability to work well with others and influence subordinates to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly and under initiative to achieve set objectives
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Open to challenges
Deadline: 10th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com