W-Holistic Business Solutions is a professional service firm that delivers real impact, value and results through projects supporting economic growth and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advocacy/Business Development Officer
The responsibilities of the position are:
- The Advocacy/ Business Officer would work closely with the Executive Secretary and will be responsible for increasing the organisations’ internal and external communications, visibility and raise awareness of the organization’s mission and accomplishments.
- Manage the existing membership base of the organisation by maintaining effective and regular contact with members and state chapters.
- Assist management team in designing, planning and implementing advocacy strategy and campaigns for the organisation
- Provide support in writing and sending reports and undertake background research on the topics for presentations.
- Support the process to form partnerships with various stakeholders such as development partners, NGOs, private sector, research organizations and academic institutions to mobilize their support for advocacy initiatives.
- Assist in recording minutes of the meetings (where required).
- Identify new development partners for the association.
- Any other job or related task as determined by the management staff.
- B.sc in Economics, Business Management, Marketing or Social Science related course
- 1- 3 years post NYSC experience
- The preferred candidate should reside around Mushin and the environs
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Must have a passion for economic development and advocacy.
- Must have knowledge of MSME operations in Nigeria
- Oral & written communication skills with the ability to communicate information effectively in clear, unambiguous terms to members, partners, etc.
- Personal passion and drive to meet and exceed assigned target and the ability to look beyond the obvious in problem-solving.
- Must have the ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Must be strategic in planning and results driven.
- Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character and must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities of the industry as set out in the code of ethics guiding operations and operators in the industry.
- Must be open to learning and sociable.
- Must have good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
360,000 naira to 480,000 naira/annum.
Deadline: 14th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, not more than 2 pages and a 1 page essay on ‘The Challenges of MSMEs in Nigeria’ to: email@example.com with the position and industry as the subject of the mail.
- Applications without position and indicated as subject of mail will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.