Job for Grant and Contracts Associate at eHealth Africa (eHA)
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Grant and Contracts Associate
- The Grants Associate will work with and be supervised by the Grants Officer.
- The Grants Associate role is to Interface with project staff to manage all aspects of assigned grant portfolio throughout all stages of project development, implementation, and closure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage timelines and donor reporting requirements for individual grant activities by maintaining internal trackers, such as the grant status and closing trackers.
- Develop project proposals (narrative and budget) in collaboration with technical officers in different thematic areas for internal Review.
- Ensure compliance with donor and organizational policies, procedures, and regulations, throughout activity implementation.
- Monitor project, progress against the approved project implementation timeline; identify delays and work closely with Program Unit to ensure projects stay on track.
- Coordinate with staff in all departments to complete assigned tasks; engage in regular coordination with Program and Finance units to quickly resolve implementation issues.
- Work with project staff to ensure each project are meeting approved implementation conditions and expectations.
- Coordinate with other units to ensure effective and efficient workflow throughout all stages of active development, implementation, and closure.
- Assist by managing reporting for key performance indicators and milestones deliverables for successful program implementation.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Accounting, Finance, Business administration, Statistics or numerate discipline.
- Minimum 2 years Cognate Experience in grants writing, grants accounting and sub-award management.
- Experience in international development project management and donor funds administration.
- Experience in assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in the program.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
- We believe strongly in our mission and our core values and our teams are most successful when they do also.
- Impact & Quality: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- Passion: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
- Honesty: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
- Growth & Learning: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- Ownership: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table and invest in the places we call home.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online